- Single Malt
- Gordon & MacPhail (GM)
- Bottling serie
- Cask Strength
- Calculated age
- 10 years old
- First Fill Sherry Casks
- 306183+4, 306186+7
- 60.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 11 Jul 2017 10:35 am by Ras Mazunga
23 × in wishlist
147 × member ratings
282 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Caol Ila 2006 GM
29 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.77 points
- Nose was a bit disappointing at first, it took some time until aromas developed. The Taste was much more complex. Sweet sherry influence combined with some salt and bacon. A lot of peat, cold smoke, ashes, the influence of a permanent seabreeze. Just wonderful - the ABV was integrated nicley and did not need any water at all. Just a really nice peated dram!
- All in all it is pretty light and drinkable which is surprising given the 60+%abv - however, not going over 90 points
Intense sea breeze, salty, smoked oysters, brown sugar, just little fruitiness
Punchy, citric, fine peaty and smoky, a bit salty, peaches, apples
Long and warm
- will come back visit after half-year
- 20 21 21 20
- 21 22 22 22 87
Salt and lemon, today's Drum was very!
Very firmly, but if a little bit, then you can)
- N21 P22 F21 B22
- Getting punched in the throat with raw charcoal.