Springbank 14-year-old

Market
sc Scotland
02 jul 2017 12:41 pm by Torus

Whisky reviews for Springbank 14-year-old

5 users have left 5 reviews for this whisky. Average rating is 88.39 points.

1. sambaman scored this whisky 87 points Member Senior

Well, whilst I find this excellent - as most of the output from this distillery that I've experienced - I have to disagree with some of the previous reviews as I think the rum cask influence is slightly overbearing. The springbank spirit can take it for sure but if we're talking about balance, I feel this smells (and tastes) a wee bit too much like rum for me. That said, it's still an excellent dram and I'd expect nothing less.

2. Whiskydufftown scored this whisky 81 points Connoisseur

• Taste

3. Nanuuk scored this whisky 89 points Expert Junior

One of the best Springbank Rum Casks I have tasted.

4. Springpool scored this whisky 92 points Expert Senior

Perfect mix of rough dunnage Springbankness, and sweet sweet rum influence.  A beauty!

5. pilgrim77 scored this whisky 91 points Expert Senior

Great balance of (strong) sweet rum and 'dirty peat' Springbank spirit on the nose. Here, soft icing sugar, creamy vanilla and coconut mingle alongside the industrial peat so characteristic of this distillery. When written down like that, it seems like a crazy combination that shouldn't work, but it really does. I do like rum cask matured whisky in general (note this is a full maturation, not a finish), and this takes it to places I've never experienced before. The rum is slightly less noticeable on the palate, where the stronger industrial elements come to the fore (engine oil, peat smoke, wet tar etc), but the extra sweetness still lingers. The finish is simply sensational....I was left with a wonderful sweet-peat note on my tongue for ages. Great cask selection, and something a bit different to celebrate the anniversary of the Edinburgh Cadenhead's shop (still the greatest whisky shop on the planet in my humble opinion!).

KVK: 60207205