- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 17 years old
- Bourbon & Sherry Casks
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- glass print label with age statement in circle
- Added on
- 01 Jul 2017 4:40 pm by Alexander Bondarenko
12 × in wishlist
57 × member ratings
294 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Old Pulteney 17-year-old
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.96 points
- If I am not mistaken, my first Old Pulteney ever. Good whisky but given the current price level after the discontinuation I believe I can buy better stuff for around 100 Euro. An occasional sample will do.
Odd coastal, salty and sweet nose.
Oily, waxy and thick in the taste. Spicy; very spicy. Full body and quite strong. But given the 46% abv I dare not give it some water, as this might spoil things.
Medium long. Spicy and salty flavors remain.
Honey-sweet, very slightly acidic note, orange (candied), caramelized, lemon, pear, salty touch,
Vanilla, clove, peppery, creamy
Liquorice, relatively short,
- Beautiful expression of the Old Pulteney Distillery. Unfortunately they discontinued it.
Friendly nose. Perfume, fresh flowers a little salty and a clear grassy hay-like note. A lot of sweetness. Appears to be very mature! Does not necessarily need water to open up. I prefer to just give this one some time in de glass.
Soft, sweet, salty and oily. Well rounded and balanced. It really is one of those examples of a very fine bourbon orientated maturation. Beautiful stuff. Some fresh tropical fruits. Something like lychee.
Long, friendly and addictive. Some dried wood influences appear. Some spices and caramel. This is one of those maltmoments you don’t want to brush your teeth anymore. At least not too soon.
- A mature, maritime, good Highland single malt!
salty-maritime flavors, sweet, fruity (apples), caramel, spice / oak;
full, creamy onset, sweetness, caramel, almonds, vanilla, some oak, oily, strong, salty (maritime);
medium to long spicy finish; becoming dry in the aftermath;
- I try to have this one always open at home. Sadly it is discontinued and the parasites (flippers and investers) have found their way. It used to be €75,- or less.
A very good whisky nevertheless.
Sweet, little salty, bourbon barrel influence. There are brine notes but also hay and straw notes.
Sweet and a tad salty. More than I remember from previous batches. Yet very nice. There are notes of salty chocolate and orange in here.
medium-long length. It gives quite some hay and straw. together with some wood notes it makes it a rather well balanced finish.
Vanilla, caramel, light fruits (pear, apple). sea breeze
Vanilla, fruit, sea, salt, oak, very full and complex
Long and full
Full and round whisky with maritime notes and very complex
- Sea salt, old leather, cake, salted tomatoes, spices, sweet fruits, chocolate, dried fruits, caramel, almond and christmas cake notes on nose.
Salt, dried fruits, vanilla, chocolate, nuts, oak cask, dryness and spicy notes on palate.
Chocolate, spices, nuts, vanilla, sea salt, toffee notes on long finish.
A slightly creamy, honey and vanilla nose.
Sweet entry with a faint sour and a light smoky touch in the background. More body than the 12 year old and a very high sugar sweetness. Than there is more citrus coming through before drying out in a very woody ending.
A good sweet and oaky finish.