- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Daily Dram (DD)
- Bottling serie
- High Dark Plan
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 24 Jul 2009 10:40 pm
3 × in wishlist
27 × member ratings
20 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Highland Park 1998 DD
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.25 points
- Yellow apple, lollipop, honey, muffin, milk chocolate, spice, pepper, laurel, menthol, green leaves, hay, boiled potatoes, solvent, electrical wiring, smoke.
- A delicious whisky for the summer
Very slightly smoky, citrus, vanilla and pear
Sweet, honey, marzipan, citrus and vanilla
Short finish, Vanilla, sweet, malty, citrus and smoky
Fruity (peach, pear, grapefruit, apple), vanilla, apple, grassy, mineral notes
Fruity (apples, pears, peaches), some smoke, heather, spicy (clove, ginger)
Medium long, smoky, spicy (pepper), coffee
- By Johan, (Uncut); Highland Park 'High Dark Plan' 10th 1998/2009, 46%, Daily Dram - The Nectar - Orkney - 85/100
Recognizable bittersweet HP nose with fruit (citrus), honey and (light) peat. The taste is fruity (apple) and sweet (vanilla, honey) and mixes nicely with the peat. Spice up after a while. Sweet and spicy finish. Pepper. Classic and therefore pleasant Highland Park.
- A bit lighter than the standard bottlings. A 'daily dram' indeed!
- Peaty and fruity aroma, olives, lime, pear,
heather honey, lavender, eucalyptus and pine wood. Marzipan sweet taste,
peat, pepper, lemon, mint, vanilla, resin and malt. Long, sweet, smoky
and spicy end.
- Smooth and fruity, this whisky is good. More fruity then the distillery standard bottlings.
Sweet and fruity, vanilla and pears.
Smooth and lots of fruits, peaches. And little little smoke.
Medium long finish, with a spicy end.