- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Highland Selection Limited Edition
- Sherry Cask
- 56.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- La Maison Du Whisky
- Added on
- 24 Jul 2009 7:58 pm
20 × in wishlist
19 × member ratings
9 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Old Pulteney 1969
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 91.87 points
- What an amazing sherry dram. Full on sherry-hogsheads like sherry.. Not much Old Pulteney character left but what an amazing cask.. I miss paxarette..
- Wow, top nodge here, dark dark prunes, rape fruits, dark chokolate, Perfect sweetness, long long long aftertaste, absolutte Perfect dram
- A full and syrupy body.
Full sherry.Rich dried fruit,figs,sultanas.Cherry liqueur chocolates.Tobacco.A balsamic touch.
A sherry burst-out. Oak and punchy spices. Burnt wood. Bitter chocolate. Not typical Old Pulteney.
Long ,warming. Muscular and dry aftertaste.
- [September, 2004] Together with friends I emptied a bottle that I bought for 135 Euro in November, 2003 in Paris.
In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored this 92,5. My notes state the boldest dark dry sherry profile I had so far. Truly impressive, a real monster!
- A real sherry monster with a very nice nose.
Fruity and sweet nose with plum, cherries (kirsch), peach, red apple and ripe banana. Then some motor oil and dried fruit; prunes and raisins. Also honey, caramel fudge, almonds (marzipan), cedarwood, wood stain, varnish, rum and some very old cognac, leather, sweet pipe tobacco, licorice, eucaluptus, gentle smoke and sea breeze.
Dry yet sweet taste with dried fruit (heavy prunes), plum wine, kirsch, peach, red ricola drops, licorice, dark bitter chocolate, malt and smoke. A bit oaky and acidic.
Dry spicy fruity finish with red berries, pear, roseship tea, herbs, anise, sea salt and gentle smoke.