- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask - Batch 15
- Stated Age
- 22 years old
- Pedro Ximénez Sherry Puncheon
- Number of bottles
- 51.6 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 11 Jun 2017 2:44 pm by Roeltje
5 × in wishlist
21 × member ratings
96 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 1994
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.33 points
- 21 22 20 21 84
Good young Glendronach, do not look at the label)
- a remarkable bath by its delicacy of well placed flavors. Sweet and strong caramel at the same time.
sherry, wood, spices, marmalade of candied oranges, mold, back on wet wood and some leather, and creamy chocolate.
- Most Glendronach's I've tried are not "tart" like this cask. It's not overly sour and interesting change of pace, but I wouldn't drink this style regularly.
Like cognac initially, then raspberry preserves, rum raisins, leather, chili and peppercorns. A "triple S" nose: sweet, sour, spicy.
The "triple S" profile continues but comprised of different ingredients: sour cherries, orange liquor, dark chocolate, shitake mushrooms, and a spicy attack of oak.
Long, no change from the palette except the oak kick dissipates quickly.
- Batch 15 contains the following bottles:
1990 cask 7005
1992 cask 52
1992 cask 89
1993 cask 43
1994 cask 3379
1995 cask 4418