- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask - Batch 15
- Stated Age
- 25 years old
- Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 58.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 11 Jun 2017 2:25 pm by Roeltje
43 × in wishlist
64 × member ratings
153 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 1992
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 91.48 points
- Intense "red" on the nose, iodine, raisin skin, very concentrated, raspberry, furniture polish, palpable in the nose, creamy and oily in the mouth, dark fruit, initially light sweetness, syrupy, slightly hiding, spicy, oak, light dry, espresso, great mouthfeel, behind chocolate, slightly bitter, nuts, you have to chew almost, great!
Clove, walnuts, walnut jam, leather, tobacco, dried figs, coffee, cherries, muddy strawberries, strawberry jam, red apples, remembrance of an old bourbon, blueberries, hint of dust, remembrance of El Dorado rum, overripe peach.
With water - cacao desert with red fruits, chocolate, sweet orange juice, clove.
Intense, spicy, sweet, chili, red and dark fruits, cough syrup with strawberry flavor, hint of dust, a bit dry, sweet dark beer, creme brulee or creme caramel. Espresso.
With water - coffee, additional sweetness, chocolate and more red fruits
Long. Strawberry jam, toast with strawberry jam, spices, chocolate with high percentage of cacao, red apples, tiramisu, red plums, sour cherries.
With water - chili, tannins, more chocolate notes and hints of red berries. Nice oak influence.
- characteristic fragrance of Glendronach with strong spices, maderized wine on sherries and wood!
a flat, linear side, almost too obvious.
pronounced sherry, imposing wood, a little sulfur, dust, raisins and macerated ,.
very spicy return, coriander, nutmeg and cooked orange marmalade.
- Very nice and interesting at the same time! Surely only for barrel lovers and Herb nerds, but then very good! At the same time, it offers the sweet, pleasing aspects that make the whisky complex and interesting. I am completely satisfied, exactly my thing, maybe a touch tingling on the tongue. 89 points.
Sherry and lots of wood stick out. In addition to the typical dark dried fruit and pastries, I also take apple true - baked apple. Some sulfur lurks behind the fruit cargo. In general, the nose is rather dry, but some sweetness comes through again and again. The alcohol carries the whole wonderful. Now comes a leather chair, dusty, smooth and slightly musty.
Water: Water raises the sulfur slightly, but only briefly, then it gets softer, sweeter and more fruity. The oak is something in the background. It reminds me of freshly baked baguette with warm plum jam! Sulfur comes through again and again.
Dry, very dry onset. Then coffee, oak and only with delay fruit and leather. The alcohol pushes, tingles quite on the tongue. The astringent feeling subsides and a fruity-seeming bitterness is formed, which becomes very strong in the after-taste. The wood rules the palate! So extreme I would not have expected it from the nose!
Water: A few drops of water are incredibly good. Still powerful and intense, but at the same time also soft, the palate now comes along. The mouthfeel is less tart, but more fruity with developing sweetness, which does not make it to Nachschmecken. Leather takes over the dominance on the palate now.
Long, warm and bitter, the whisky remains in memory. Fruit and coffee fade together, very slowly. With some water, plums and fermented apples remain in the mouth and throat.
- Batch 15 contains the following 6 bottles:
1990 cask 7005
1992 cask 52
1992 cask 89
1993 cask 43
1994 cask 3379
1995 cask 4418