33 × in wishlist
321 × member ratings
1356 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Highland Park 12-year-old
27 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.07 points
- Decent enough dram for £25 - in fact an excellent dram at this price, especially for a 12 yr old age statemented whisky. It's let down a little by its meagre 40%, but I like the subtle signature HP smoke in this. I bought it for the bottle - with the Celtic knot work on the bottle - thinking I'd use it for a 'solera' bottle (creating my own malt blend by adding different malts to it).
- Lacks the depth and fullness of the more matured ones which I feel may not have been so noticable at a few % more abv.
Still a decent 12YO.
Fresh, fruity, citrus, pineapples, green apples, oranges.
Mild but not in any way prominent peat smoke.
Sweetness of honey and a little vanilla.
Very mild and almost watery arrival.
A short burst of sweetness before it quickly turns to rather spicy warm.
Nuts, caramel, cinamon, maybe some smoke cured ham at the end.
Sweet caramel, nuts, honney sweetness with some of the spice lingering in a small inch short of medium lenght. Rather nice salty liqorice on the death.
- A good 12 years from Highland Park, but unfortunately I miss something but fullness if you ask me personally.
This 12 year old smells nice and fresh and fruity. Unfortunately I miss the smokiness in this whisky.
- One of my favorites right now.
- Tasted at the L&B whisky weekend 20-1-2018
- I really like it. Really tasty and mild and delicate, but still quite complex.
Sweet and fruity; Honey; subtle malt and a minimal, delicate smoke; Sherry can be minimally looked at from time to time
Sweet; strong spicy; incredibly mild and tender; Malt; Sherry, a soft smoke and a beautiful spicy oak; very tasty and tasty; it shows a slight nut; Malt is very clear
Wow, strong, spices and herbs; sweet first; then the strong oak (goes already towards chocolate or coffee)
the smoke becomes drier (rather campfire)
- Decent decline. Much flatter and average.
- N20 P21 F21 B20