Isle of Jura 10-year-old

Old Square Map Label 1990s
Strength
18 Jul 2009 5:42 pm

Whisky Reviews for Isle of Jura 10-year-old

6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 79.81 points

1. Dre73 scored this whisky 83 points Connoisseur

Nose is way more versatile than taste, without being thin or watery, the body is a little pale, if I would have tasted this blind, I would guess it was an older standard blend.
      Fruity, overripe fruits, also some glue, and even a whiff of gasoline. Citrus and honey as well, and some sulphur. Then grassy, hay. After some time more alcohol comes in.
    • Taste
      A bit sparkling, sour, fruity, citrus, orange. Some vanilla and honey, a little pale mouthfeel. Also some hints of caramel.
      Still a little pickering, now more sweetness, honey, some peach. Middle long finish.

2. rolabob scored this whisky 81 points Expert Senior

3. p4blo scored this whisky 79 points Expert Senior

I am still positive one day I will try a whisky from Jura that will surprise me in a good way...
      Leafy, grassy, notes of apple, pear, hay. Slight sweetness of candy floss.
    • Taste
      Thin, but rounded and balanced. Weak tea, more grassy notes, pear and some pepper.
      Short, slightly sweet and burning hot.

4. peatbogger scored this whisky 75 points Specialist

I found this a bit odd.

Sour, citric and lots of strange things I have never encountered in a whisky before or after.

Not awfull, but not what I look fore in a whisky, so it has made me generally sceptical towards Jura.

5. Armin Fuchs scored this whisky 50 points Expert Senior

I have insurmountable difficulties with this Malt.

I even had to dispose of the opened bottle!

Something it caused me even nausea!

It was the worst experience with a Single Malt in my life!

6. Malt Hans scored this whisky 81 points Connoisseur

Fruity and malty aroma, red apples, floral honey, banana, pineapple and ginger. Vanilla sweet taste, floral, pepper, cinnamon, mango and malt. Medium long, malty and herbal end.