10 × in wishlist
40 × member ratings
64 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Tobermory 1995 MBl
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.64 points
- yeah .... at the first tasting, I wrote that I get such a taste for just under € 50 ... after the sample has gotten a little bit of air, the malt has become much better. Nice, intense tobermory.
- A glass of Chinese blenders. I'm testing.
Nose: fresh and sweet, creamy, vanilla ... sweet vanilla fruit prevails ...
Taste: pleasant, creamy fat, fruity sweetness, mint freshness, light bitterness at the end.
Finish: light, long enough, creamy and peppermint, and ... bitterness.
1212 = 86
Good Malt, but no more. It seemed too simple in aroma, more interesting in taste, if not for the bitterness in the finish ...
Over time, dust appeared in the aromatics ... And I like it. Perhaps I'll dokin ball for development
- Needs a drop of water, gives little odor, undiluted taste powerful (due to strong alcohol, real bourboncask single malt, not so exciting, just tasty. For something experienced drinker
Slightly pungent, spicy, a bit of licorice, pickled lemon, pineapple in the background, not very powerful anymore.
Sweet sour spicy,
With water after 25 minutes: Start: calmly
Coat tongue well, almond
Bit bitter tasty
Not a big discovery
Looks more like 15 years matured, big hogshead does not give much, hence slightly more filled, think.
Medium length remains bitter
- Blindtasting-Tip Lowlander or Laddie (grassiness) Bourbon Cask ~ 50% > 18 years
Straw, grassy, malt, vanilla, behind it gradually yellow fruit to the fore, mango, banana, with time it is citrus fruit, nectarine juice, in between flashes again a grape note that reminds me of Federweisser, it keeps coming back Appearance of bitter orange peel through
Strong onset, very creamy, a lot of vanilla and malt again, also here thick yellow fruit intertwined with a spicy oak
Slightly bitter onset, then again the bitter orange peel, the heat is gone quickly, but the vanilla basic character remains stuck to the palate for a long time
- Beautiful bourbon barrel malt with a decent age ... But I also get the taste experience for half the price, although not with the appropriate age ...