83.67/100
Bottled for
Germany Exclusive
09 May 2017 6:40 pm by Astrid

Whisky Reviews for Bunnahabhain 2011 DT

4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.67 points

1. Bosi scored this whisky 77 points Specialist

I had promised myself more of this whisky. He does not have any obvious missing notes, but is a bit boring overall. The Octave is barely noticeable. Maybe a few more years in the first barrel would have given a better end result. Too bad.
      Yes, he has smoke and a pretty sweet one. Vanilla sugar, toffee, a hint of seaweed and kräutrige notes appear behind the smoke. The sherry influence I hardly feel in the nose.
    • Taste
      The taste of the smoke is a bit more restrained. Generally, the whisky is a bit flat. Some licorice here and there, a few herbs, but there's nothing more to it.
      The finish is medium long and leaves some pepper and light salty aromas. Unfortunately, not much is happening here, similar to the taste.

2. Dionysus scored this whisky 87 points Expert Senior

3. rottendon scored this whisky 85 points Connoisseur

Oh yes, me and my penchant for young smokers. Honestly, I thought it was pretty tasty, for such a youngster, he was also pretty tame, which was probably the Octave Cask. 'I probably would not put up a bottle of that, but I already liked it in the glass. Notes from an online chat tasting.
      Personally, I really like the Bunna smoke. If it goes well, you will find everything in it which is dirty and stinks! Here, the smoke evolves after initial undefinability clear towards clean campfire, or BBQ. Although I can young leather, old sock, cowshed, live horse etc. pp. understand everything, but my nose means today that all plays a minor role. Since Bunna has already rausgehauen other calibers. I still have some hay and honey behind the smoke, that's about it. During heating, he is quite mineral with me. Add disinfectant and with a lot of imagination a few lemons. In addition malt and floor wax. Heated and calmed, he is pretty boring again. Bitter herbs and disinfectants.
    • Taste
      In the mouth, the nose continues. Lots of smoke, bitter herbs and only subliminally slightly dark (very dark and malty) caramel. I can sympathize with cough syrup and liquorice too, pepper, hm, with me rather black than white and just a pinch of it.
      Warms up shortly and becomes increasingly sweet. Sweet ash on the tongue, rather long. The second sip he goes over considerably over here and now also a tongue is stunning, so it is white pepper. Will be cute again at the end and stay extremely long.

4. Marko_I did not rate this whisky Connoisseur

I like, but is very much in the direction of other young, strong, strong-tasting whiskys from the normal bourbon or refill keg, the sherry octave is not noticeable, so far not so special that I would spend another 58 €, I would probably switch to cheaper.
      from 50cm distance he reminds of new gymnastic shoe with old sock ;-), from close by then tart and hot-spicy with creamy caramel, sweetened condensed milk and horse (alive), farm, wood smoke, later it's still in the plant-bitter direction, dandelion -Milk
    • Taste
      what promises the nose - light creamy sweetness, condensed milk, less acid, the horse stable is there, but a little weaker, but the bitter weed juice a bit stronger, this strong white pepper, a spoon of cough drops and a corner of licorice ... of Sherry I notice nothing
      long, spicy, dry, white pepper, camellia, ashes, greens