- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Traditional Oak Casks
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- LKRL 0295 2017/01/26
- Added on
- 03 May 2017 11:25 am by whiskytornado
6 × in wishlist
53 × member ratings
110 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenallachie Distillery Edition
15 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 79.57 points
- Young, near new make Glenallachie (assumably). Quite malty and grainish, wit young unripe fruits and malt sugars. Nothing fancy, but at this pricepoint a better buy than any blend in the same price range.
- I had much worse at this price point. Nose is nice and has some pleasant fruity flavors.
- Nothing spectacular here. A nice dram ant an affordable price. Easy drinking alone or with friends.
Light, slight polish
dry then with acidity and sweetness...honey...some pepper at the end but not lingering.
The aftertaste has sweetness and white pepper.
- Easy going whisky for starting drinkers, not very powerful, a little pale, lot of sweetness.
Only the nose stands out, being pretty full and fruity as well.
Alltogether it's not that bad at all.
Fruity, citrus, a lot of vanilla, and then caramel as well, very sweet. Later on some apples, and some grassy notes.
Pretty soft and smooth, only a little pepper. A lot of sweetness with a sour note underneath. Somewhat pale, a lot of vanilla and caramel.
Still some pepper, sweet, honey, vanilla. Also a hint of licorice now, not very long.