- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- 45.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 01 May 2017 5:16 pm by JSW
15 × in wishlist
94 × member ratings
322 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Nikka Coffey Malt Whisky
17 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.89 points
- Column still malt whisky, would be considered "grain" in Scotland since barley malt whisky is to be distilled in pot stills only. There is however a "Coffey" malt whisky from Loch Lomond out there under the grain moniker. Ok, back to this one, surprisingly pleasant whisky in comparison to all those young NAS grain-heavy Japanese blends flodding the market lately. Price is fair for what it its. Worth a try in my book. Recommended.
- creamy and oily, it's like a rum. Coffey and dark chocolate
- A decent everyday dram for those that like them sweet and easy.
Varnish all over, very dominating. Then vanilla shows up, followed by freshly polished wood, sawdust, mint, and a bit of honeysuckle.
Good mouthfeel, very mild of the palate, good texture. Very sweet, cane sugar, syrupy, very little oak. Lots of barley, then cardboard notes join in with a little bit of menthol. Second chew is even spearmint, then vanilla. Really sweet, sugar and candy, no fruits. Light peppery notes. Third chew brings notes of cooked ham and a bit of dried herbs. Still too sweet for me.
Oaky spices, very dominating pure white sugar, a bit of mint and cardboard linger. Medium long, fairly decent.
- My favorite daily grain..
Vanilla, bubble gum, guava,
Japanese n Hojo tea, spice, little sweetness, rounded, creamy
Had some nuts earlier, n the whiskey taste salty... I cannot believe it
Velpon glue honey white fruit vanilla
Vet boterig flink wat caramel espresso cream
Sweetly spiced honey tones floral
- Tasted at Story Tellers: Tasting Whisky in January 2018