87.78/100
Strength
5024720857107
01 May 2017 1:03 pm by Mischi

Whisky Reviews for Cambus 1991 CC

5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.78 points

1. Maltysers scored this whisky 86 points Member Senior

Nose: At first on glue and nail vanish. Very strong alcohol. After a moment, the butt starts to speak a little with some red fruits. On an empty glass, their is some bourbon smell.

Mouth: it coasts the palate. Quite dry but not unpleasant. Phenolic but the sherry round it up.

Finish: short/mid

Interesting but not much my kind of whisky

2. lachaineduwhisky did not rate this whisky Expert Senior

In terms of pure pleasure, I do not really have my account, but this bottling raises my interest for grains that are not all in the "greedy buttery sweet honey". Enthusiasm: Nose: 3/5 Palate: 3/5 Final: 3/5 Whiskey n ° 1758
      Powerful - even more with water! - we have strong notes of encaustic, but also flowers, wood. We are not so far from a rye! Attic dusty. At the border of the nag still.
    • Taste
      Almost smoked. It is very woody - even burnt wood. Well spiced, it is more syrupy and sweet with water.
      Final relatively short, almost dry. Unlike an Invergordon!

3. wisekycourse scored this whisky 89 points Connoisseur

On the nose, vanilla, glue, a little encaustic, raisins a little macerated and sodden wood, persistent smell, spices on cardamom.Retour caramelized intense.
      varnish and dry glue, intense woody
      Vanilla return important.
    • Taste
      dust, cooked vanilla, wood with encaustic!
      then sherry scents with still dust and macerated fruit, sugar with a sweet buttered caramel, the spices are rather on pepper.

4. oppi scored this whisky 87 points Expert Senior

delicious Grain comes through clearly Sweet ... runs on the tongue in its flavors .... very round and sweet ...

5. Bishlouk scored this whisky 90 points Connoisseur

I am amazed. I have always proclaimed loudly that only the (very) old grains found grace in my eyes, and here is that middle-aged Cambus (yes, I consider that 25 years is an average age for a grain whiskey) 'fill the taste buds. Or would it be Sherry's cask that would sublimate it? Balanced and tasty, greedy and seductive from start to finish. I have to reconsider my beliefs about grain whiskeys. 90/100. I hesitated with 89, but finally he surprised me so much by his age that I think he deserves it, his 90.
      Glue, varnish, woody spices, a lot of vanilla, dried apricot, and caramel dark chocolate. A beautiful nose, which makes me think of high-end Bourbons or old venerable grains.
    • Taste
      Flowing brown sugar, liquid caramel, dry white grape syrup. Vanilla blackcurrant makes its way, as well as hazelnut with white pepper. A zest of candied orange, coated with dark chocolate. It's very sweet and pleasant on the palate, and the alcohol is perfectly integrated; no aggression on that side.
      Average. Wood, glue, and pungent spices occupy the place here, relegating the rest to the background.