8 × in wishlist
203 × member ratings
597 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bowmore 12-year-old
21 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.73 points
- Always good. The typical Bowmorerauch, slightly floral notes, salt, toffee, oak, a bit musty. Compared to older bottlings, I think this is darker, oakier, less fruity and a bit smokier.
- Tasty, easy to drink W., interesting and above all variable-diverse. Clear buy recommendation, especially because of the excellent PLV.
In the nose a very varied, diverse aroma bundle. Smoke and earthy notes dominate, but next to it - and with every dram a little different oak and malt, and in the background the sea, sherry, citrus and also vanilla and maybe honey. The empty glass still enchants with its malt notes after hours.
Good full, slightly oily mouthfeel. In addition to not overemphasized and therefore pleasant smoky notes, there is malt, oak, sherry, fruit and very light sweetness. Here also very varied
medium-long, warming with pleasant spice, next to it again malt, oak and also sherry or sweetness.
- To me this tastes like what was in the wood box in my childhood home, next to the fireplace: dried American oak. There is some fruit and smoke but the cask was too active. I look forward to tasting a bowmore with a less active cask
- Smoke, very light with hints of fruits. Basic malt lacking in complexity.
- 20 20 20 20 80
- Very similar to the version I tried around 10 years ago, so the consistency is still there. but still mediocre.
Soft combination of the sea (salty, seaweed), with a soft smoke fire. Light fruit hint. Very subtle in everything.
Fruit sweetness initially, something of apricot. As longer in your mouth real Islay taste. Smokiness / Peat and incidence increases per second. Develops nicely despite low abv
As you hold it longer in your mouth and "chew" it, the finish becomes more intense and smoky. Low abv plays a negative role in keeping your mouth for a short time: 75. Score for finish is for passing through your mouth for longer.
- Great light island whisky.
Light enough, Aylovsky, sea, iodine-sweet, excellent aroma with pleasant light woody notes and smoke in the background.
You can catch dried fruit, apples, an unusually excellent balance of sherry extract and a suitable sea Ayle theme.
He recalled the light character of Bigpit.
Sweet woody, a little salt, light honey.
Pleasant iodide finish, no bitterness and spices.