9 × in wishlist
189 × member ratings
568 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bowmore 12-year-old
20 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.72 points
- Always good. The typical Bowmorerauch, slightly floral notes, salt, toffee, oak, a bit musty. Compared to older bottlings, I think this is darker, oakier, less fruity and a bit smokier.
- To me this tastes like what was in the wood box in my childhood home, next to the fireplace: dried American oak. There is some fruit and smoke but the cask was too active. I look forward to tasting a bowmore with a less active cask
- Smoke, very light with hints of fruits. Basic malt lacking in complexity.
- 20 20 20 20 80
- Very similar to the version I tried around 10 years ago, so the consistency is still there. but still mediocre.
Soft combination of the sea (salty, seaweed), with a soft smoke fire. Light fruit hint. Very subtle in everything.
Fruit sweetness initially, something of apricot. As longer in your mouth real Islay taste. Smokiness / Peat and incidence increases per second. Develops nicely despite low abv
As you hold it longer in your mouth and "chew" it, the finish becomes more intense and smoky. Low abv plays a negative role in keeping your mouth for a short time: 75. Score for finish is for passing through your mouth for longer.
- Great light island whisky.
Light enough, Aylovsky, sea, iodine-sweet, excellent aroma with pleasant light woody notes and smoke in the background.
You can catch dried fruit, apples, an unusually excellent balance of sherry extract and a suitable sea Ayle theme.
He recalled the light character of Bigpit.
Sweet woody, a little salt, light honey.
Pleasant iodide finish, no bitterness and spices.