- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Signatory Vintage (SV)
- Bottling serie
- Cask Strength Collection
- Stated Age
- 11 years old
- First Fill Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 57.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Specially Selected for Germany - Kirsch Whisky
- Added on
- 20 Apr 2017 8:26 am by mds51
31 × in wishlist
104 × member ratings
190 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ledaig 2005 SV
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.49 points
- Nose 22, taste 22, finish 22, balance 22
- 22 21 22 22
- Nose-soaked with smoke, sweet slightly mineral smoke from the fire.
Taste - EARTH, very earthy Ledaig with a clear influence of the sherry olorosso barrel (dried fruit like raisins or dates), very pleasant.
Finish - Warming up, the earth remains on the tongue with smoke, slowly disappearing.
To sum up - If you like earthy smoky climates with a sherry barrel, this is the perfect position!
- 87/88. Compared to cask 900160, there's more dark fruitiness in this one. I think it's a bit better than that one. If it were priced as an 11-year-old, I'd definitely buy it.
Caramel, milk chocolate, peat, blueberry and salty pretzels. When adding water there's a lot of sugar-roasted nuts.
Peat, blueberry and milk chocolate.
Peat, milk chocolate, caramel and blueberry.
- Good, but worlds away from the 2004 barrels.
Sweet, smoky and fruity on one level, definitely sherry, maritime notes, slightly metallic
Strong onset, noticeable alcohol, medical smoke, slightly dry, red fruits, white pepper, oak spice
Fruity, slightly dry, oak, smoke
- Surprisingly good for a 10yo non Islay. But wouldn't pay 150.
Very Sherried nose, some peat
Pennies, old coins