- Single Malt
- Gordon & MacPhail (GM)
- Bottling serie
- Symposion International AB
- Sherry Cask
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 21 Aug 2019 5:34 pm
10 × in wishlist
32 × member ratings
23 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ardbeg 1990 GM
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.30 points
- This whisky was sold for 1608 eur at whiskyauction 2015-08
- Pretty special Ardbeg, full bodied, nice balance between peat, sweetness and some fruitiness.
Nose was a bit better than body and finish, these specific aroma's seemed to get lost a little in the flavours, these became hard to describe. But still a great whisky for sure.
Sweet smoke, peat, clearly some sherrynotes, fake leather, chocolate, coffee, mossy too, some earthy notes. And spicy, pepper, cinnamon. Very full nose.
Some sal ammoniac at the start, licorice. Some peat, sweet smoke with some sour note underneath. Full body.
Still some pepper, sweet smoke, Fake leather, peat, some ash. Pretty long finish.
- This Whisky was sold for 416 € at Whiskyauction in March 2015
- All the typical signs from an ordinary Ardbeg is there but slightly rounded off by the sherry. A very good Ardbeg and I really regret not opening the bottle while they still where available. I simply wish this wasn't my only bottle.
The typical Ardbeg peatiness is there but in this one together with some dark fruits like dates, figs, raisins and plums. With some added water and a little rest, sulphuric notes appears
At first a heavy sherry followed by increasing peat, charcoal smoke and spices.
Long finish with peat and spices at the very end turning over into sweetness.