Glenfiddich 15-year-old CS

Strength
16 Apr 2017 4:43 pm by Eclectic Scotchist
UncoloredNon-chillfilteredCask Strength

Whisky Reviews for Glenfiddich 15-year-old CS

3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.50 points

1. Numwierum scored this whisky 85 points Expert Senior

Blind Sample:
    The whisky as such, I feel as completely unspectacular. Since pinches, scratches and bites nothing. Very short and light, stands out in the nose of alcohol. So I commit myself to the Speyside region, with a few exceptions, the most appropriate for me. In the nose I have oranges, glucose, hazelnut and dried fruits (most raisins). In the mouth again a very gentle start, here is the hazelnut present and I can almost speak of nougat. The fruit notes step into the background. It dries and the oak packs properly, in the form of a strong spice. The finish is again relatively unspectacular, only a little dryness and light oak remains.
    Now to the data I have come up with. The whisky I estimate at about 12-15 years, the departure was just too short and older whisky come out yet other notes that I do not have here. Something is sparkling in my nose here and there. In the mouth, the alcohol is well integrated. I think he is still filled with over 50%, I'm now just stuck times to 52%. The barrels I use but very old, maybe any refill Sherry Butts? Now I have a problem, it's an OA or bottled by a UA. I'll make it short and painless now! I say it's an OA and type in a Glenlivet singlecask?

2. Archer scored this whisky 84 points Connoisseur

3. Archer scored this whisky 84 points Connoisseur

Round, pleasing and uncomplicated, without too many rough edges. A typical Glenfiddich.
      Very fruity at the beginning (tangerines, red apples, pear sauce, honeydew melon) with a hint of hay. After a while honey and blanched almonds.
    • Taste
      Velvety, oily and as expected strong on the tongue. Again, a rich selection of fruits, similar to those already found in the nose. An emerging nougat touch brings the malt slightly away from the fruit. Almonds and nuts, but not so much that it really gets nutty, rather than supporting the nougat note.
      Medium to short, with cocoa powder and vanilla.