Whiskybase uses tracking cookies in order to improve the website. Do you allow Whiskybase to place these cookies?

You can always change your decision under the privacy settings of your account.

Regardless of your choice Whiskybase places functional cookies to store settings and account information.

46.12/100

Expert Senior ThomasTNT
Expert Senior Tobi2100
Member Senior topper172

Whisky Reviews for Irish Diamonds 2005 AC

14 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 46.12 points

1. ted.striker scored this whisky 25 points Moderator

Moin too, I absolutely acknowledge the diversity of tastes. Also the reason why I (almost) never publish Notes and donate scores otherwise. Because what you or he or she thinks of a malt can only be a reliable indicator of the quality of a bottling for a few whiskynases I know well. As far as the peace offer. That this bottling is, however, said to be the absolute last scrap, with the Alambic Classique has completely shattered his reputation with me, I would like to clarify for me quite explicitly. According to the smartest Whisky database in the world, I was still able to taste 1,555 whiskys today. And I had it underneath. 1-2x something in the glass that has just scoffed me similarly and animated to wegschütten. This whisky gets from me the red all-time lantern. Not drinkable, inedible and absolutely unbearable. And despite my conviction that flavors can be far apart, I speak the ludicrous review of Fassnachtsgilde Fränkische Schweiz ( http://whiskyclub-fs.de/2017/07/27/whisky-vorstellung-irish-diamonds-2005-small- batch-no-3-alambic-classique-590-vol / ) as well as the three fairy tale reviews in the 9xer-Punktbereich here every truthfulness. It's nice to see three of your noses jumping out of the bottle for whatever reason, but if you think that's good for 9x dot stuff, you've never had whisky in your glass before and you're otherwise fed on bioethanol. But to look, fair as I would like to be, if from the total of over 15 participants of my split 2½ bottles at least one raises his finger and would like to insert a good word for the snot, I'll write to all participants and ask for open feedback , Head shaking greetings ...

2. rottendon scored this whisky 25 points Connoisseur

Au weia, the stuff is really bad! I got the sample because I have a thing for filthy and controversial stuff. At the time there were only the three 90s, one 35 and one 25. The motivation for the Ü90 reviews, after I tried it, rationally can not explain for me, except perhaps with payment. Even if you like weird stuff and can really take something away from the stuff, it's not nearly a whisky, and definitely not Ü90. There's nothing polarizing, it's just bad. Gin in the nose, bad grappa in the mouth and the coronation is this rotten note. Also for me clearly the red lantern!
      Caraway, lots of cumin, some anise and possibly a few botanicals, nothing that would remind you of whisky anyway. Dental practice, old washing-up rag, medical. After a while, there are traces of vanilla and caramel behind the whole frightening junk. Someone wrote candied cumin in his notes, something like that. A fruity note is there now, rotten grapefruit. But again and again cumin, some bergamot maybe. Warms up a lot more caramel, it comes now angegammelte fruit notes that actually remind of some Speysider and even a few berries can be interpreted in, in conjunction with caraway and Co. but the whole thing seems to me rather repugnant, as if you had caraway Fruit tea mixed together. Like gin, it just does not work anymore, but it does not work like whisky.
    • Taste
      Oh shame, that's cruel! First he is sharp, then sweet, then he looks like rotten. The whole thing - as expected - with caraway and anise. The mouthfeel is slightly oily. In the second sip he is not quite so cruel, as he has already successfully stunned the mouth in the first. At the back he also looks metallic and he can not hide a spirit of alcoholic spirit.
      In the finish, he is then actually still sweet with a pronounced anise in the stunned throat, Salmiakpastillen. Definitely the best, or least bad of the swill, but it is rather short. Good!

3. Marko_I did not rate this whisky Connoisseur

I can not say explicitly that the stuff is bad, but is it supposed to be whisky? I am completely mystified, how something can come out, if you do whisky in a wine barrel, you should check to see if there was not at the same time a herbal liqueur was bottled, the suspiciously tastes like whisky. So for the herbal schnapps fan who is looking for something unusual - Ireland, 12 years old, from the wine barrel, barley malt, cask strength 59% you do not get every day. For 63 € are a bargain. For whisky friends: Go on, nothing to see gips here!
      I am forewarned and reckon with the worst - from the sample bottle it smells intensely of cough drops. Then in the glass: Holla the herb fairy! Mix gin, aquavit and Becherovka. Full herbal drone. Juniper, caraway, anise, fennel and a lot of mint. Marjoram and savory could also be there, and who knows what else has fallen into the pot, and brown sugar. Departed, somehow fascinating. But does not smell like whisky.
    • Taste
      Too bad, I would have been happy, if the nose had now found 1: 1 in the taste again. But the herb is not quite as violent, much less fresh, much sweeter, you can guess the wine barrel (must have been a klebsüßes) and recognizes rudimentary whisky. But it dominates herbal liqueur (the dark, sticky-sweet standard stuff), cough syrup, ricola, herbal honey, a little licorice.
      Licorice, cocoa, a hint of eucalyptus, rather short (I would have expected it to stick in your mouth forever)

4. Amaliana scored this whisky 35 points Expert Senior

This has nothing to do with whisky, at best, it could be called middle-class gin. Does not go at all :-(

5. Okto-Bull scored this whisky 3 points Expert Senior

Boah is the shit! How can you fill something please? What shoud that?! Do you want to scare off his customers? Or just check, what the idiots buy so everything? In the nose with quite a far distance the worst thing I had in the whisky glass ... taste and finish do not make it any better.
      AGE !! 1! What is that please? I can not really classify that ... After Whisk (e) y it smells like zero. This is somehow so Orangeat and Zitronat ... Then somehow also Christmas Stollen .... was behind the stove .... since Christmas 1958 ... The nose makes you really want to dump the porridge immediately in the sink ... where I'm not on it, that eats the stuff through the drain pipe and makes the farmland around the house infertile ...
    • Taste
      HA! What's going on? After the nose, I did not even want to drink the stuff ... but sooooo bad is not the taste, as the nose suggests. Unfortunately (?) Does not come much ... bit of chocolate, red wine ... but everything behind a curtain of orange peel. Still, yummy is different.
      The finish is just alcohol ... with a pinch angekokelter plastic lemon and granny under the arm ...

6. Kapitän-Haddock scored this whisky 35 points Newbie

I thought so far, the Little Piggy 2010 by C & S Dram is the worst, what I had previously in the glass, so unfortunately I was taught a better. :-(
    I received a sample from an FT of a member of mine known and personally appreciated.
    Full of anticipation, 2cl were immediately put into the glass. Against that hit me a "scent", which reminded me more of Gin.
    The taste was then violent ... strong strong, burning on the tongue (and no, that's not my first whisky, which I have tasted in FS) and little or no reminiscent of wine finish.
    Tastes are different, unfortunately he has not met mine and I consider the rest of the sample, as already the LP, its earthly purpose in the spout feed.

7. Othorion scored this whisky 42 points Expert Senior

What the F....! Limoncello with Ramazotti. Herbal, spicy, aniseed, Juniper, spearmint, a bit toffee and vanilla. Lots of caraway and lemon.
    The only good thing about this bottling is that is shows once again How manifold the world of single malt whisky is

8. Fernet Branco scored this whisky 83 points Connoisseur

First and foremost is the very intense color, which spontaneously reminded me of a copper pot still. Also in the glass he is visually and then very olfactory very present. He is not very "viscous" and pulls almost no "legs" ... The nose unusual for a whisky but also for a whisky (as far as I can tell). However, this Irishman reminded me of another Alambic bottling: www.whiskybase.com/whiskies/whisky/80850 To the 23 year old Glen Keith. Since I was able to try it again recently, he is still very present to me. But in addition one does not forget him so easily, because I would still swear today, that one has me with the one medium-aged Gin untergejubelt - but by no means a 23 years old Speysider ... And this one, although an Irishman ... only 12 years old and with included maturation in a Bordeaux barrel for two years, has such a strikingly similar nose - really weird! And I have two questions: what was the whisky maturing before it came to the Bordeaux barrel and what kind of bordeaux was that ???
    To cut short and not to bore anyone: This nose offers orange, autowax, herbal candy, cough syrup, Franzbranntwein, Becherowka and vanilla licorice. All things that are not necessarily expected in a whisky, but which are absolutely not unpleasant - quite the contrary: I like that quite happy! On the palate then the same game. A funny potpourri of the already mentioned "participants". Also a bit "Turkish pepper" and iodine tincture. Curiously, comes after I had it on the palate, the "whisky" in the nose through ... but only discreetly. The finish then consistently herbal and licorice with a bit of white pepper.
    All in all, a nice ... well ... let's say aperitif, because he is definitely appetizing. A whisky (or whisky) is not for me in life. Nevertheless, I find it good drinkable and not so bad because of the unusual aroma. If you're looking for a whisky ala Redbreast or Bushmills, do not touch it! Who is fearless or experimental and also likes the Säntis: fire free!

9. Tom na Gruagaich scored this whisky 75 points Expert Senior

It does not scare me, but it's a very idiosyncratic whisky that I find hard to rate. There is no flavor in my opinion, which really repels me, but also nothing except the orange peel, which is somehow attractive. He also falls apart completely with water. I find that with the caraway almost interesting. Well, a Wisky that you do not have to have, but I will not pour it out.
      actually cumin, with orange peel, some vinous, angegorenes fruit, black pepper and a little hay. It's very unusual. With water remains the caraway, some wine and some fruit.
    • Taste
      Pure, very strong, alcoholic. The orange peel comes through, to a little candy sweetness and a good dose of pepper. With water, it tastes almost nothing, a bit harsh, some mint, that's it.
      Herbs, in fact, something reminiscent of throat drops from the pharmacy with undefined cherry flavor.

10. Kapitän-Haddock scored this whisky 35 points Newbie