- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Exclusive Single Cask
- First Fill Bourbon Barrel
- Number of bottles
- 59.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- whiskysite.nl Exclusive
- Added on
- 31 Mar 2017 3:31 pm by BWhisky
4 × in wishlist
48 × member ratings
60 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Benromach 2008
15 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.63 points
- This needs water, neat it is not really enjoyable but there is some nice fruit in the mix but you have to like sweet whisky to enjoy this one
- Nose: Sweet, icing sugar, leather, tobacco, old furniture, also smell rye but that is impossible. Fruitiness like lemon, orange and peach are arriving too.
Taste: Yes the sweet Benromach peat is lingering and quiet heavy too, very intense because the high alc. %.
Finish: long, tarry, peaty, intense, this is big whisky, big distillate and good casks.
Conclusion: Perfect whisky. It is very similar to the best Bowmore's from 2000-2003.
- I have a little problem with the sweet and sour balance.
Sweet malt and vanilla. A good burning wood fire and gentle peat. Fruity and spicy aromas with some citrus freshness.
Light creamy but sharp starter. Grapefruit sourness and a subtle peaty smoke. Lots of bourbon wood and a touch of vanilla. Not enough sweetness to catch up with the sourness for me. Unbalanced perhaps but I don't say it's a bad drink.
Good medium finish with pepper, vanilla, citrus and very little sweetness
- A perfectly fine, young Benromach. Not the most easy sipper, but very rewarding nonetheless, and an example of what young Benromach can be like.
Gentle whispers of peat, with subtle farmy notes and a whiff of tobacco and sal ammoniac. Straw, hay and some ginger too. Now room for fruitier notes, like pineapple and ripe banana, but also sweet malt and vanilla.
Fairly sweet at first sip, but quite intense and spicy shortly thereafter. Slightly dry. Chili peppers and ginger, but also a wee bit of grapefruit.
Lingering spices, some oak, and smoke as well.
- Tasted a blind sample on day three of the US Blind Tasting Competition 2017
- Not very good IMHO. Tasted a sample on day three of the US Blind Tasting Competition 2017. My guess was a Benriach, 16yo @ 48%-50%. I'm not sure how I got the ABV 10% off.
Burned dark sugar, peach, seashells, some salt, grapes, figs, some honey, mandarin, nuts, oil, earth, some mint
Sweet dark sugar, malty peat, some yellow and red fruit, some spices
Medium long, slightly bitter and slightly drying. Malty
- Tasted as part of the Blind Tasting Competition 2017.
Malt, peat, apple, straw, salted toffee, corn and peach.
Peat, hay, apple, peach and a little marshmallow.
Peat, caramel, malt, apple, bacon and white bread
- Tasted at Whisky in Leiden 2017, one of the three festival bottling.
really like the smokey, light peatiness in the body. Quite a sharp taste, which flows slowly away after swallowing