- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Golden & Elegant
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- 1st Fill Bourbon Casks
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 1000 ml
- Bottled for
- Travel Retail
- Added on
- 16 Mar 2017 3:01 pm by sinclair
99 × member ratings
280 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bowmore 15-year-old
15 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.37 points
- Partly a bit alcoholic, otherwise okay, but nothing special.
At the beginning, fresh smoke and a hint of a coniferous forest. After some time sweeter wood tones are added. In between, a cooling alcoholic touch seems.
Something alcoholic. Slightly maritime, slightly smoke.
In the finish, the smoke remains, but not too intense, rather, the sweet influence of the barrel comes through again.
That Bowmore specific peaty nose; sweet & sour, iodine, rubber, then the bourbon cask influences with vanilla and some green fruit, grass, slightly cardboardy.
Sweet and sour again, peat, seaweed, orange-lemon zest then spicy and bitter herbs
Short to medium: Spices and the bitter herbs continue, drying to lemon infused black tea and ash lingering.
Iodine, peat, sea freshness, algae, ozone. Dried fruits. Vanilla, sweet water. Flower pollen, spices. Healing herbs. A very slight hint - coffee with milk. 22
The middle-aged man. Moderately sweet, with light acidity. Salt is also present. Spicy, smoky. 21
From medium to long. Light delicate smoke, peat motifs. In the end, there is bitterness, which almost spoils the picture. 21
Tasty, pleasant, spicy lute, the style and character of the distillery is traced. Balance sheet - 21.
Total - 85.
- Surprisingly better than I expected. A few drops of water will help. (Sample-based.)
Light citrus, caramel, sage, (with water) sweeter, smoked meat, smoked fish.
Wood grapefruit, light smoke, earthy, (with water) dried apricot, pear, olives, unripe peach.
Greens, tannins, aloe vera, ash.
- It's the typical nose of the Bowmore, with peat, bousin and vegetal notes, but it's more subtle yet, there is stone, earth and white fruit, I think of mirabelle. Iodine spring more strongly too, it's very pleasant. It is the scent of a forest after the rain, but a forest close to the sea. On the palate, the caramel mixes with peat, we smell the bourbon, an ounce of lemon, but also the juicy pear , it is refreshing. The finish is salty and rather long, the white fruits stand out.
We really discover all the richness of Bowmore with this format.
- Light smoke, salty, sweet bourbon, citrus, some nice oak, malty. Nose and taste is really nice, the finish could be longer lasting. But this is still a nice and easy going Malt.