17 × in wishlist
38 × member ratings
22 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Cragganmore 1989 W-F
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.48 points
- Really nice malt. I like that. It was fun to taste it.
Right after pouring still pretty closed. Then he opens up. Goes into such a harsh sweetness. Spicy forest honey. Tree bark. Dry wood. Walnut. Some mineral notes. After a while comes apricot. Rather the shell than the pulp.
Again, a mixture of sweetness and tart notes. Where in the mouth now the sweetness is stronger. Maple syrup. Tree resin. Apricot jam. Candied oranges. Then comes the oak. She is already present. Never impetuous. An elegant spice.
The seasoning is gradually less. Orange peel. Tree sap. Nuts.
- Gorgeous color. Gorgeous aroma.
Not really sweet, rather the barrel in the foreground. Some licorice. Mild, slightly vanilla, fruity over time.
Strong start. Yes, sherry, but also a spicy oak note. Old, mature, balanced. A nice mix of sweet but understated sherry and an oak barrel.
- Gorgeous color.
Not really sweet, rather the barrel in the foreground.
Mild, slightly vanilla, fruity over time.
Yes, sherry, but also a spicy oak note.
Old, mature, balanced.
A nice mix of sweet but understated sherry and an oak barrel.
- Attractive nose and no off notes on the palate. But it is sharp, lacks complexity, and I was especially disappointed by the finish. Will revisit in a few months based on feedback from others.
Bright, fruity, nutty, and a little smoke. Predominantly stewed apples in light cinnamon with caramel drizzle and chopped walnuts.
Also bright like the nose - unexpected for 27-year sherry butt - and very spicy and spikey. Predominantly oranges and various nuts. This profile reminds me a bit of some Glenfarclas single refill casks.
Medium, continues spicy, the oranges turn bitter, and it becomes dry.
- When you first taste this there is an `oh that is different` feeling.
The first impressions when tasting this are very good.
A very impressive nose, on candied sweets and the palate is a multi-layered fruit combo with some peat in the background
Good medium finish, getting a little dry
- A Whisky which Needs time to open up. I didn´t like it right after opening the bottle.After trying the sample after 2 months in the cabinet I was a bit surprised about the change towards red berries
Appears a bit sharp right after opening. Spicy, nutty. After the bottle was open for 2 months flavours of red berries appear
Spicy, fruity, a bit nutty. Refreshing
dry, spicy and short