- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Limited Edition
- 1st Fill Bourbon Barrels
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L15 12 17
- Added on
- 11 Mar 2017 8:43 pm by maltaholic
12 × in wishlist
36 × member ratings
221 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Tomatin Five Virtues Series - Metal
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.03 points
- according to the bottle:
Metal - BOURBON BARRELS
Nose – Soft, creamy vanilla with sweet chocolate and Macadamia nuts.
Taste – Citrus notes come to the fore with sweet spices.
Finish – Typically Tomatin; soft, sweet and light.
- Tasted the complete elements series with my friend Falnor, april 2018.
Fire, Water, Metal, Wood, Earth, with the whiskies combined... i am captain planet?
bourbon influence, creamy, easy going,
rather plain, some citrus
- Good bourbon cask influence giving loads of oranges, combining with the sweet notes that are typical Tomatin.
- Easy to drink Tomatin at a good price.
Malt, bourbon vanilla, citruses, red apple and pastries.
Creamy. Vanilla, milk chocolate and butter biscuits. Apple and pear, citruses.
Medium length, spicy and fruity.
- Very nice, simple and easy like drinking. A different Tomatin.
Maltiness, fresh baked bread, vanilla, fruit like lemon and apples.
Soft, with nice creamy vanilla notes,milk chocolade? Marshmallows sweetness. Fruit like apples and pears.
Medium long. Sweet spices, soft aftertaste, apples and pears again, lemon fruit.
- The first nosing was alright, but this dram is not without flaws. Still great marketing.
Clearly bourbon notes. Very creamy. A ligth malt with sugar and some dust. In the background some magnesium. Kinda young
Starts a little bit of spirity. Granny smith and other fresh fruit. Young and sour grapefruit. Some grainy biscuits.
Very short and bitter. A bit disappointing ending.