- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Limited Edition
- Refill Hogsheads
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L 22 02 17 3 11:07 BB
- Added on
- 11 Mar 2017 8:42 pm by maltaholic
12 × in wishlist
47 × member ratings
255 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Tomatin Five Virtues Series - Earth
13 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.84 points
- Very clear, not much nose. A light whisky with some peatyness to it. Short finish.
- Tasted the complete elements series with my friend Falnor, april 2018.
Fire, Water, Metal, Wood, Earth, with the whiskies combined... i am captain planet?
light smoke, smoked meat / ham, tea, strawberry
salty, raw spirit, sharp smoke flavour
- according to the bottle:
Earth - REFILL HOGSHEAD OAK
Nose – An intriguing mix of vanilla, burning heather and black fruits with sweet light smoke.
Taste – Unlike any other Tomatin, a salty smokiness with burnt honey and kelp.
Finish – Complex and ever-changing; smoky and sweet.
- Rare peated whisky from the Tomatin Distillery with a lovely balance of subtle peat, refreshing fruits and aromatic herbs.
- An uncomplicated whisky, easy drinking. Good balance.
Citrus fruit. Acidic wines, some smoke, vanilla.
Burning heather in the back, black fruit.
Creamy notes, but also powerful. Spicy oakiness, citrus , vanilla, walnuts, hint of smoke.
Medium length. Smokiness in the background .
- In this one the theme is very easy and quite right. Peat is from the earth and that's basically the dram.
Starts very green, young and feisty. A bit of a punch from the alcohol, but mostly the earthy (hint) kind of peat. Some vanilla, leaves and biscuits. The peat isn as heavy as Islay, but dominates the taste.
- A surprising whisky that is delicious, if not a complexity monster. In any case, unusual and exciting. By far the best Tomatin I've ever tasted
Slightly oily, light alcohol, subliminal smoke, fresh Mentol, indefinable strong sweetness, lightly baked warm bread and a hint of sherry
strong alcohol, but sometimes not disturbing, then malty, strong sweetness, slightly bitter and a hint of acidity, then sherry, a few mirabelles and somewhere in between a few smoky clouds
the malt sweetness and the light smoke stay a long time, in between a touch of sherry and the mirabelle plums
- Easy whisky for beginners with a reasonable price. One drop of water is help a lot. It will be a divisive one. 82/83.
Citruses, acidic wines, smoke, vanilla and juniper.
Creamy, powerful. Spicy oak, citruses, vanilla, wallnut and touch of smoke.
Medium length, spicy.
- Nice, uncomplicated whisky, an every day dram. Well balanced. Sweet taste with hints of vanilla, fruit, some spicyness. Peat and smoke very subtle in the back ground. Finish is medium.