- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Virgin Oak
- 46.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- label since 2017
- Added on
- 07 Mar 2017 1:08 pm by Ras Mazunga
21 × in wishlist
246 × member ratings
517 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Deanston Virgin Oak
52 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.34 points
- by the campfire on the long arm of m measuring cup with the guys from the synchronized gymnastics group exactly what you need
- I bought this at the distillery, why? Because I liked it and I haven't had it before, it's not as if Deanston has a wide range to choose from.
Vanilla, ripe banana, orange zest, custard cream biscuit, Mango jam, new balsa wood ,the stuff you get with a model airplane, some cooked pasta and some spice, not sure what.
Cream cake, banana sandwiches like my mother used to make in thick white bread with lots of butter, some white pepper, it has a nice creamy mouth feel, you can taste lots of new wood and ice-cream wafer.
A long to medium chalky finish with some sort of banana flavoured candy.
- Easy drinking, good value - what's not too like?
- Fruity, intense, with a clear influence of the barrel. Very successful at the PLV! Highly Recommended.
- Lovely new label, and seemingly new juice inside of it as well. Offers lots of fruits and vanilla in a nice summery dram. Wondering if Deanston somehow changed the composition here as I much preferred this over the previous label VO, which I found to be very unpleasantly sharp and only worthy of a 70 score.
- Very good quality for young whisky, but don't expect too much depth.
- 25 euros in europe and 35£ in the uk? jesus
For 25 a fantastic choice, wipes the floor with supermarket whiskies. For 35 it is priced to close to the age-statement entrylevel options.
- quite nice for in between, quite balanced and not overwhelmed
lots of oak, light smoke, slightly fruity, very soft, sweetish
sweetly spicy, fruity, getting hot in between, some caramel, oak comes later, slightly malty
spicy malty, a little fruity, a little oak, slightly sweet, hints of dark chocolate.