- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Virgin Oak
- 46.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- label since 2017
- Added on
- 07 Mar 2017 1:08 pm by Ras Mazunga
17 × in wishlist
202 × member ratings
427 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Deanston Virgin Oak
48 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.35 points
- by the campfire on the long arm of m measuring cup with the guys from the synchronized gymnastics group exactly what you need
- I bought this at the distillery, why? Because I liked it and I haven't had it before, it's not as if Deanston has a wide range to choose from.
Vanilla, ripe banana, orange zest, custard cream biscuit, Mango jam, new balsa wood ,the stuff you get with a model airplane, some cooked pasta and some spice, not sure what.
Cream cake, banana sandwiches like my mother used to make in thick white bread with lots of butter, some white pepper, it has a nice creamy mouth feel, you can taste lots of new wood and ice-cream wafer.
A long to medium chalky finish with some sort of banana flavoured candy.
- Easy drinking, good value - what's not too like?
- Fruity, intense, with a clear influence of the barrel. Very successful at the PLV! Highly Recommended.
- quite nice for in between, quite balanced and not overwhelmed
lots of oak, light smoke, slightly fruity, very soft, sweetish
sweetly spicy, fruity, getting hot in between, some caramel, oak comes later, slightly malty
spicy malty, a little fruity, a little oak, slightly sweet, hints of dark chocolate.
- 700ml bottle / ¥3000 @ Yamaya.
Appearance: Pale gold, bit of orange, almost straw golden. Oily though.
Nose: Vanilla, honey, citrus, pear, bit boozy, light wood, flowery, green apples, wood spice, ginger.
Palate: Citrus honey, flowers, vanilla, butter, caramel, apples, cinnamon. Nice, full, oily body. Nicely malty and sweet.
Finish: Peppery, spicy, honey, oak tannins, booze.
With Water: Softer nose. More spice and heather. Flavor also opens up nicely, floral and fruity, spicy, malty. Yes, just a touch makes it great.
Overall: Dig this. It is young and somewhat green, but a complex and delicious one. Sweet, for sure, but tasty and fabulous value, especially compared to J. whisky prices.
- Nose - quite harsh alcohol initially, followed by banana, pear, and a little red apple
Palate - warm apple pie, oak, slightly bready notes
Finish - quite short. Strong at the start but fades quickly
Overall, decent value
- Very easy to drink and affordable whisky.
Fresh fruit, vanilla and mild Honey
Smooth and easy. Bit of freshness, citrus and sweetness, vanilla warm and Apple’s.
Falls flat Quiet fast, Ending with a short bit of freshness, citrus