- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Port Wood
- Stated Age
- 21 years old
- Port Wood Finish
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L34Y 4481 2905
- Added on
- 06 Mar 2017 4:52 pm by KonstUA
16 × in wishlist
55 × member ratings
152 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Balvenie 21-year-old
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.26 points
- With 3-6% more that would be a blast and definitely 90+. So you have to drink it in large sips, which spoils the pleasure a bit.
- A nose for vanilla that is not atypical for Balvenie, fruit cake with raisins soaked in cognac, fruity, slightly vinous, slightly woody, very harmonious and appealing
slightly sweetish with creamy fruit, spicy with wood, very aromatic, light on the palate and tingling on the tongue ...
very long, sweetish-tart, with oak (not bitter), raisins, a touch of cognac, soft, sweetish finish ..., yummy!
- Notes from 2015-01-24
Quite a good drop, but the value for money is under 1 :-(
Light and fresh on the nose with clear notes of dark fruits in combination with cane sugar ... overall slightly weak-chested.
A sweet sweetness of sweet wine, some dark chocolate and orange marmalade.
long with a very slight bitterness.
Short spike but don't expect much from 40%. The smell of french fries, oily and a tad bit earthy.
Banana, jackfruit and various tropical fruits.
Warm medium ending, nutty, oak like, dried kelp.
- Nice whisky with very good balance and wonderful delicate nose. Easy going tasty drink, which leaves pleasant warm aftertaste. However, there is a lack of complexity as for a whisky of this age. Also higher ABV would definitely be a plus.
Light and buttery, almonds, vanilla, honey (thyme?) and wax, some port notes, damp oak
Mild and spicy (pepper mix), oak notes, vanilla pie, dried apples and dark raisins
Long and warm, nutty, slightly malty, gently spicy with nutmeg notes
- Enough punch despite only 40% abv - however, I don't like this kind of cardboard in the aftertaste
Intense, fresh, fruity, apples, apricots, citric, honeydew - not bad
Fruity, nutty, spicy, apple juice, some notes of old wood or old books - unfortunately turns into cardboard after a while
Medium long, warm, zesty