- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Wood Finish Series
- 1st Fill Ex-Bourbon + Sassicaia Casks Finish
- Number of bottles
- 45.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 06 Mar 2017 12:55 pm by maltaholic
8 × in wishlist
43 × member ratings
87 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Benromach 2009 - Sassicaia
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.76 points
- Not a bad whisky at all, but I don't think the Sassicaia casks improve the whisky so much. The nose is subtle with red berry notes and mild smoke, but the finish is dissapointingly short and dry. Again, not bad at all, but it feels like it could have been much better.
- I prefer the "hermitage" in comparison to the other expressions of the wood finish series!
- Serge V says: 78 points
- Very similar to the previous batch, which might've had a bit richer palate, if I remember correctly.
Warm and subtle barbecue smoke, signature Benromach. Aromas of red berries, cherry candy cane, cotton candy and orange lemonade. A hint of sugar. Hovering on the border of becoming too sweet, but staying just on the right side.
Spicy stuff, with a big pinch of pepper and a whiff of cloves. Ginger too. There's some soft red fruits like strawberries and cranberries. As well subtle notes of smoke and peat.
Short to medium, with a hint of peat transforming into mellow red fruit.