3 × in wishlist
14 × member ratings
38 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for The Westfalian 2014
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.25 points
- THIS is what you get when you want to get something else than a single malt. WOW
amazing corn and honey smell, hay, summer
nice medium waxy body, amazing taste to it. Some butter.
alot of vanilla and some slight oak to the finish
- nice corn whiskey, almost to be confused with an American. Great mouthfeel, very "thick" aromatic distillate. PLV is just a bit of crap (was probably 60 euros per half liter).
very sweet, vanilla, glue (that's how it should be), over time an undefined spicy, supposedly smoky note, a bit like canned meat ... very idiosyncratic. A little metallic too. But the sweetness and the vanilla dominate.
good start in the mouth, cloves, spices, somewhat bourbon-like, nice fresh white oak barrel, vanilla
nice on vanilla, a few undefined fruits, oak and a little salty, mineral, a little bit bitter at the end.
- I could not feel much with my nose today.
Very sweet in the mouth, vanilla, rum raisins, slightly spicier, then some pepper;
The finish is short to medium and also accompanied by some pepper or a slight tingle of alcohol on the tongue.
The 50% you do not notice it at the beginning, but at the end then something but beautifully integrated.
For his "only" 3 years and single corn I think that's fine - to good, He is nice and round, you can drink well "on the side" because he is not too complex.
I would not buy a 50cl bottle for the called 59 € yet, for this money you get almost 2 other easy drinking whiskeys.
- well, if you would have given this one to me blindly, I would have guessed a bourbon.
surprisingly tasteful and matured for only 3years. quite some wood influence and really really sweet.
note: I actually tasted cask #48, but that one is not to be found on whiskybase yet.
- Good, especially for the age! Downfalls are: the equipment - no tube, no nothing, I think it's a shame the price - 60 EUR for half a liter are quite ambitious, considering that you get a 3 yo corn without significant equipment or worn cask storage. Positive is especially the taste. You have to wait a bit for him or give the product enough time, but the main taste is really nice and round. A few more years but would also make sure this whiskey good.