- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- New Label
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 18 Feb 2017 2:30 pm
62 × in wishlist
547 × member ratings
1433 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 10-year-old
33 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.73 points
- Perfect example for a reliable handmade product. This is so old school. Best value for money. Look Diageo, this is Whisky...
- Great whisky for ~ 40 €, quite intense, no Gaumenschmeichler, great for getting started smoke / salt / earth. ------------ Note: On the occasion of bottle change with the predecessor https://www.whiskybase.com/whiskies/whisky/5896 compared in parallel: At the beginning, although the old nasal something more open-hearted rueber (the bottle was also about half a year open), but after I can not distinguish 5-10 min in the glass and would sign my notes to the same again, therefore 1: 1 taken over.
first mild, ashy smoke (a bit salty, mineral, musty cellar, wet cardboard) ... then fruity-fresh (lemon, green apple, salt again), hazelnut cream, caramel and malt
mineral earthy, slightly salty and metallic (but not pungent / young), pepper; on the other side sweetness - nut nougat cream, caramel, milk chocolate; both well balanced
medium length, some milk chocolate, a lot of salt, pepper, some bitter smoke, charcoal
- A new version of SB 10 of good quality. No big fault if it is not a reduction too much felt. I enjoyed this whisky.
Fine peat, austere and mineral. There is plant freshness, lemon, mint, anise and some fruits. A little salt adds to the set for a nice sweet / salty.
Light attack, we feel the reduction (a slightly watery side).
The fine peat disappears little by little to give way to a more woody, chocolatey, spicy mouth (pepper ...). There are also some leather notes.
Average length on the wood, vanilla cream, sweet spices, salt and a fine vegetable peat present but in excess.
- i’m not overly fond of this compared to the old releases of springbank 10 (black box and label) as it has lost what to me is the best quality of springbank, that funky oily aroma
orange marmalade, grass, light smoke, honey
orange marmalade, orange peel, citrus, sweet grains, marzipan
marzipan, orange peel, light smoke, sugars and oranges at the back
- This quality for 45 €? Currently almost unequaled!
Sweet orange peel, salty and mineral, slightly greasy smoke, cotton candy, lime, sour candy, green apple
In principle, a typical salty and vigorous Springbank start, but a little sweeter and creamier, the juice oranges are fully there, slightly dry on the cheek
Everything plays together, sweet, orangy, strong, slightly oaky, becoming increasingly mineral
- This is certainly one of the fruitiest regular 10yo bottlings. Just hints of leather, smoke and wood which is fantastic!
Fresh, fruity, pineapples, pears, mango, whiffs of leather and smoke, also some creme brulee, hints of citrus fruits, honey dew, wax polish - very good
Very oily and creamy, now more fine citrus and wood notes, oranges, lemons, and more exotic fruits, subtle sweetness - excellent
Medium long, fruity, warm - gets more punchy and mineral in the end - great
- Makes me happy
- Makes me happy