- Single Malt
- Morrison Bowmore Distillers Ltd (MBo)
- Stated Age
- 22 years old
- Sherry Wood
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Bottled for
- Prestonfield House, Edinburgh
- Added on
- 28 Jun 2009 8:12 pm
24 × in wishlist
94 × member ratings
35 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for The Prestonfield 1965 MBo
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 94.99 points
- This Whisky was sold for 6.600£ at Whiskyauctioneer 11/2018
- The shop link for this bottle (Maltmerchant) has an expired SSL certificate. I would advise against anyone spending over 5K euros on this until this problem is resolved by the merchant.
- Pretty good, old style Bowmore - better than the Bowmore 1965 OB with the seagull label but not as good as the Bowmore 1956 OB with the seagull label. Personally I also prefer the Bowmore 1972 for Prestonfield over this one.
Hints of grapefruits, lemons, and also notes of vegetables and little grassy
Citrus fruits, subtle sweetness, again hints of green fruits, lemon zest, little oak wood
Medium long, warm
- Pretty lemony and grassy on the nose. On the palate it actually confirms the nose. It is full of citrusy, lemony and also grassy. There are subtle notes of oak wood and some balanced sweetness. No doubt it's a good one.
- This now legendary single sherry cask number 47 was distilled in 1965 at Bowmore distillery and bottled around 1987, for the prestigious Prestonfield House of Edinburgh, Scotland, which was established in 1683. Scored a brilliant 94 points with WhiskyFun and it is highly unlikely we will find another one of these in such good condition.