- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Batch No. 002
- Stated Age
- 17 years old
- 80% American Oak & 20% Sherry Casks
- 42.6 % Vol.
- 350 ml
- Bottle code
- LHAA47832018 13:27
- Added on
- 06 Feb 2017 8:17 am by pH
5 × in wishlist
16 × member ratings
117 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Kininvie 1996
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.29 points
- He has his qualities ... warms the tongue very pleasant, but could be like a whole corner more exciting and demanding.
Raisins, leather, sweet Sherry notes, nail polish remover. In addition, ripe pears, some tangerine water. The solvent lingers for a while, but gradually evaporates. Honey bread, vanilla kipper.
Restrained, mild, slightly dry. Toffee and chocolate, fruity with tangerines and oranges. Hazelnut brittle, almonds, marzipan.
Medium to short, slightly dry. Little differentiated, fruity-chocolaty, it is perhaps the closest match.
- I liked it
The Malt challenges and wants time
I did not notice a big sherry influence
very fruit dominates
You do not have to say anything about the PLV, the malt is good, but the price is not
Pear and other bright fruits become stronger with time, slightly oak, pastry (with the time shortbread), slightly sherry, sweetness increases, only slightly vanilla gets stronger with time
soft and oily on the palate
Oak, slightly caramel, spicy, sweet, again bright fruits full, later slightly pineapple
Oak, slightly bitter becomes more
- As much as you like to try a new whisky, I feel so strange because the content of the glass costs more than 10 euros ...
My notes are below, to be honest: this is a good Speyside whisky, but clearly too expensive!
Very fruity! Vanilla? Pineapple? Difficult to find out something specific. It clearly outweighs the fruit character with some sweetness. But I like it, that's no boring.
At the beginning alcohol, then something like apple pie. But there are more fruits. Some kind of fruit compote or applesauce, then some wood. After that very spicy, cinnamon? Very complex with a clear tendency to cooked fruit, the fruit compote comes even clearer at the second sip. I like.
He has quite a medium length finish, but here is really only the fruit compote. Very nice, but as quickly sneaks in an alcohol note, which does not pass.
- A whisky without corners and edges. Perfect for what he distills. For blends from Grant .... Not my taste but not bad at all ... The price for the one 350ml gets quite high and you consider the produce 24/7 and they have the storage capacity