- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Sherry Cask
- 55.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- 05/0108 12 OCT 05
- Added on
- 09 Jul 2007 9:50 pm
13 × in wishlist
158 × member ratings
335 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bruichladdich Infinity
19 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.52 points
- Beautiful balance of fruity sweetness and fine sea flavors.
- Bruichladdich Infinity (55.5%, OB) A mix of Port Charlotte and Bruichladdich from 100% refill sherry casks, but with no peated Laddie from the 1998 runs, unlike in the ‘3D’. It’s been bottled exclusively for four independent retailers like Royal Mile Whiskies, Loch Fyne etc. The nose is really beautiful with a superb peat, very refined and elegant. Hints of beer, with quite some sherried notes. Bold and subtle at the same time. The finish is very, very salty. Wow, there are still some brilliant casks at Bruichladdich's, it appears! 90 points.
- Smoky and malty aroma, ginger, nutmeg, anise,
toffee, honey melon, lime, brine, vanilla and tar. Marzipan sweet and
tary taste, horseradish, ginger, grapefruit, pepper, camphor, smoked
salmon, peated malt and vanilla. Long, spicy, tary and malty end.
- Beautifully done!
Sweet sherry and soft peat. Damp campers wood. Smoky serrano peppers. Gingerbread.
Mouth coating. Sweet and peppery. Sherried peat....love that! More with the wet wood. Raisinettes. Burnt toast, then tar.
Long, salty, and smoky. Soft peat, then white pepper.
- My favorite - Bruichladdich. Nice and sweet, slightly smoky,
red and yellow fruity, maritime - salty, cigar box etc.
Everything a good Islay whisky needs.
You could actually buy for less than 60 €.
But it was a long time ago.
- But how old is he? Fine and balanced (the charlotte port is discreet but very pleasant)
- Aroma: creamy sherry, dried fruit and a delicate hint of chocolate. With the addition of water, the aromas become more and more maritime.
Flavor: fruits, malt and sherry. Subtle notes of lemon and chocolate combined with a little peppery hotness.
Finish: Very complex with dark fruits.
- Similar to my 2006 bottle but this is a little sweeter.
Perfect combination of peat, sherry, spice and pepper with bags of fruit gum sweetness.
Great balance, will try the 2006 next, tasted this with a few drops of water
Just tried the March 06 bottle it has more peat and less sweetness than this one.
- Salty, iodized, fresh, with lemon ... no, refreshing oranges and nutmeg. Behind, hides the cereals. And maybe some red fruits. In the mouth: what, 55,5 ° ??? Incredible, it looks a lot less! Warm, woody, honeyed and especially salty! Final on coffee, fruits, bitter orange. Very long ! And very salty. I love sweet / salty, but when too much salt is bad for gluttony, it spoils my pleasure. That's exactly why I do not like Margarita (the salty Tequila cocktail, not the pizza!) With water, oranges are even more present on the nose. Enthusiasm 3/5