- Single Malt
- Claxton's (Cl)
- Bottling serie
- Charity Bottling
- Stated Age
- 08 years old
- ex-Laphroaig Cask
- Number of bottles
- 55.1 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Children's Heart Surgery Fund
- Added on
- 20 Jan 2017 11:37 am by Falk Malt
3 × in wishlist
22 × member ratings
20 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ardmore 2008 Cl
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.28 points
- A malt that is not his age, without much pretension but no less very good, it will delight peat lovers, and all for a very honest price!
Fine and light peat, which is more farm than medicinal. A slight woody. A very simple nose, melted but not unpleasant, which however lacks precision in the aromas to detach.
Sharp and precise attack, at first rather dry then progressively more farmy (the Ardmore combo / Laphroaig barrels?) And fat, lemony, with cooked fruits and freshly cut grass. The mouth is clearly a notch above the nose.
Moderately long, vanilla peat remains, as well as a slight pleasant sensation of mint, the relatively high alcohol content helping to lengthen the whole.
- Surprising whisky! In the scent still very friendly, fruity and sweet, light peat. But in the taste it is suddenly very raw, strengthened by high Abv: Strong tobacco, spicy, salmiak. Have fun with it in any case.
Leather, light peat, spicy, cinnamon, anise. Also fruity, citrus, apple. Sweet, vanilla. Full smell. Salty too.
Firmly! A kind of slightly sour tobacco flavor, certainly not unpleasant by the way. Creamy, spicy. Salty, slightly ash / smoke. Lakrisal (salmiak pastilles). Still in the distance something fruity, citrus.
Pretty long, light pepper, salty, tobacco, salmiak.
- Peaty but not insane either. Sweet on the nose. The high title pushes the sensations high enough, but it remains creamy, not so peaty finally. Youth does not show.
Whisky n ° 1233