- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 25 years old
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 18 Jan 2017 1:42 pm by jocmueller
5 × in wishlist
18 × member ratings
66 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for BenRiach Authenticus
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 91.06 points
- Ingenious batch, despite the dilution to 46% extremely voluminous and surprisingly complex. I did not expect in advance that so much to discover here, if you take the time. Fits really wonderful in the winter time, very fruity, very sweet and spicy and never boring. The light pepperiness and subtle bitterness round off the long finish very nicely. An excellent Benriach.
- Wow. Class. Now it is Christmas. As versatile as I wish for a malt in this price range.
Honey barbecue with mint oil, crusty roast with cranberries and cranberries.
Balanced, highly supple yet fruity-smoked aromas. Rosemary and black pepper complete the honeypot.
Spicy grapes conclude this slightly salty-sweet taste experience.
- Better after an hour in the glass, not covered.
A cherry and blueberry fruitiness. A mineral kind of peat. Then apricot and honey.
More peat. Apple, blueberry and honey.
Honey, peat, apricot, hazelnut paste and milk chocolate,
- BenRiach, 25 years old, 46% vol. In the smoky version. Since the non-peated was not so convincing, the expectations are somewhat lower, even if the price for this whisky is ~ 200 € in early 2020.
Is this sum justified? Well it's hard to say but it's a very nice whisky. If you get it on offer, it is a clear purchase candidate.
After a good twenty minutes in the glass and undiluted, a very subtle and reserved smoke note emerges, embedded in red berry aromas, a vanilla note and aromas of sautéed herbs. The alcohol is nicely integrated and the composition of the aromas is harmonious. Fine teak mixes with red groats, custard and a hint of maritime smoke. Very nicely done!
On the palate there are initially sweet herbal notes, toffee, mint. Then sherry and caramel, some pepper and a hint of smoke. The aromas play very well together and everything looks harmonious, round and soft.
The finish is warm and pleasant and changes from sweet espresso to mint and honey. A very nice finish, medium to long.
- A 25-year-old BenRiach in a glass: great color, great nose, fierce price - but it's worth it. A really great whisky!
Red currants, rhubarb, custard, warm smoke, very subtle and soft on the nose. Some sandalwood and soot in the background.
Sweet, oily, herbal with mint, coffee, sandalwood, slightly vibrating on the palate, nice honey notes, red fruits.
Fruity, soft, minty, subtle smoke character, more like freshly roasted coffee, cream ...
Long, pleasant finish.