- Single Pot Still
- Distillery Bottling
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 10 Jan 2017 2:10 pm
11 × in wishlist
79 × member ratings
181 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Green Spot Irish Whiskey
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.81 points
- It’s a sweet, light with apples notes and big part of grain whiskey. But Green spot is an easy to drink and tasty. Yes, its has some sharpness in the palate, which is typical for Irish whiskey, but this isn’t spoil it.
- The nose is much better than the mouth.
Sweet&sour, perfume. Develops into cherry pits/stones. Nuts.
Feels flat on the palate. Some vanilla, caramel and some nuttiness.
- Nose: crisp barley, sugar sweetness / light honey, vanilla, subtle light fruit, quite strong oak with a lot of spice Taste: light fruit, caramel, oak is more restrained, later barley with some marzipan Finish: rather short, barley with oak and some sweetness Conclusion: easy all-rounder, finally nothing exciting - 80 points
- Nose: menthol hit first off then get honey
Taste: honey, touch of menthol and spices coming through.
Finish: spices and honey and pot still really kicks in.
Quite light in body, and an absolute corker.
- A great dram
Oily and weighty. There's cereal on the nose with cooked mash and a little grist. Oranges too.
There is a little fruit here but its more nutty and malty.
Wonderful finish. Not the longest but really mouthwatering and delicious.
fresh wet oak planks, cereal/grist, some vanilla, green pear, mineral/pebbles, (77)
A bit later: more diverse wood & spices, distant yellow fruit (apricots, mirabelles, not quite ripe), (79)
Later: opens up nicely, turns sweeter, now with some white chocolate, the fruits have ripened and there's some pineapple as well. (83)
cool feel to it, grainy, (78)
Later: more sweetness, more vanilla (syrup even, taste, not consistency), white chocolate, (84)
bright wood, mellowing out, showing a few fruits - peach & oranges, (81)
Later: increased sweetness on the palate seems to shorten it a bit, but mellows out nicely & there's some dried pineapple notes at the end as well. (82)
- There is now a successor with a completely different design, which differs quite a bit from the old pictured here and get a little bit more from me.
The current one is incredibly soft and fruity.
Both not very complex, but wonderfully tasty.
Entry drug ;-)