6 × in wishlist
56 × member ratings
186 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Cragganmore 1993
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.57 points
- Completely non-offensive, fruity (black fruit) Scotch from which the port does not drip, but which is nicely present in the background. Very dependent on the moment of drinking, this one. Overlooking a Loch and after a mini tasting the absolute winner - while I only wanted to make the clique. I had a few drinks last week, meaningless. Perhaps the sun on the Loch and Kilkerran voted me mildly, but he is now, two years later, definitely very nice, with blackberries, blueberries, a little bit dry - very good. And now it's gone.
- Keep your time, this one's pretty slow. Little by little it opens up and gets far better in about ten minutes.
Tender floral fragrance (tulip?), marmalade overtone, toffee, blossom dust, pumpkin, soapy clay, prune, white coffee, chocolates.
Orange peel, black pepper, cloves, chicory (ersatz coffee), caramel, sweets, honey. Somewhat toneless and weak at first, it improves later on however.
Warming, zesty, heat of citrus, spice, dark chocolate. Sadly, too short.
- The complexity of the 12 year old is still there, but for me this is a more mature whisky. The ever so slight smoke is the absolute winner for me. Very nice indeed and highly recommended.
Barley and vanilla sweetness. A definite floral note which is nice and light, with sweet spices. Just the faintest note of smoke.
A little bitter but soon after that the lightly spiced floral note comes through. The barley is obvious too, and a little puff of smoke at the end breaks the sweetness, making it a very grown up whisky.
The spices tingle on the tongue, after that it becomes sweet and pleasant. Still a twirl of smoke at the end which, again, is not a bit thing at all.
- "A double-matured Cragganmore finished in port wood pipes for extra
complexity and depth. Highly unusual and extremely pleasant drinking
- Special offer by WE. For that price a must. Spicy floral notes with a hint of smoke, very very drinkable.