- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Batch 1
- Ex-Bourbon, Ex-White Wine Casks
- 55.0 % Vol.
- 500 ml
- Added on
- 06 Jan 2017 9:10 am by maltaholic
4 × in wishlist
22 × member ratings
37 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Stork Club Straight Rye Whiskey
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.25 points
- Oha, the first smell like a rum. Sweet and fruity and really smokey, vanilla, oak and spices, sweet. Rum :) ... ok, a little bit of grain is still coming, but it really does not smell like whiskey or rye. Also in the mouth is the first association with rum, quite good rum. Then a bit more pepper and oak, but always the Rumassziation in the head. The finish is sweet, minty, oak and long and something tart, herbal.
Well, I do not know if my nose plays a nasty trick for me today, but that's rum and not a rye. Topic missed? Anyway, the stuff is delicious and definitely recommended.
- Caramelized nuts. Cereal. Rye bread. Strong impression in the nose and on the tongue. A touch of chocolate.
- Absolute recommendation! I disliked Sloupisti and this is the same spirit ... Here are now people of the subject at work!
After a first flow of vanilla, a fine spicy rye note immediately dominates, very well balanced, the 55% press in the nose without unpleasant sting, you get a whole herb meadow served, very summery which is nicely played by the creamy sweet notes, the latter I would award the white wine casks
One can hardly believe it and I could not understand this association at first: Over time, I think more and more of cucumber juice with dill. Is this the Spreewald influence? :-D
55%? No trace! It is creamy, it starts slowly, dominated by a strong creamy sweetness with vanilla and ice cream, the herbs are there and are accompanied by spicy oak, you can imagine bitterness and waiting for her, but it remains in the background
Here is the oak in the foreground and then pushes directly behind the vanilla, then ignites the afterburner and it is warm in the mouth as if the herbs just burn in alcohol, the finish is not short but not too long and leaves no trace of false notes