72.00/100
Ex-Bourbon + Ex-Islay + Ex-Cognac Casks
Strength
31 Dec 2016 8:56 am by RoyC

Whisky Reviews for Hillock 6 ½ - 14

3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 72.00 points

1. Dottore scored this whisky 36 points Expert Senior

I can win over idiosyncratic and freaky whisky a lot and have some also rated high. Miss notes are not necessarily bad for me. This is just sharp and bitter in the mouth and finish and I do not like at all. The nose is ok. Nothing for me and totally overrated part. 36 points
      idiosyncratic but not even soooo bad nose. Rose soap, slightly perfumed. Appearances of cognac barrels show up, but also lead to the fact that not so real whisky feeling comes up. A slightly biting acid is always present in the background. Subtle malt flavor and white flour pastry. Sharpness is evidence of not perfectly integrated alcohol.
    • Taste
      Sharp. Hardly sweet, very bitter and bitter almost like bitter beer. I do not like the taste. On the second sip of light bourbon sweetness, which is immediately displaced by sharpness, bääh.
      Not worth mentioning. Bitter.

2. Kantenmechaniker scored this whisky 65 points Connoisseur

Unfortunately, not good, it sets many question marks with notes that I've never had in whisky so hard to classify, I can understand that friends of more exotic whiskys off the beaten path may find it interesting, but good? Oh, you just come through a sauerkraut note :-(
      Hmm, first impression reminds me something of medicine, somehow locked, then I have the cognac, a little vinous, but also a little sticky sweet that goes slightly artificial (which my medicine association), light acidity, looks quite young, poof and any strange note that goes into the meaty, I can not assign, some herbs, the nose is really strange, maybe the first sip helps to create some clarity, no will not be better ....
    • Taste
      slightly oily, also here the cognac, slightly brittle, sticky, a funny sweet note, then I am back in medicine, herbs, vanilla, becoming watery, slightly sour
      now come fermented yellow fruits to behind a little thin, rather short, if the Islay barrel should bring smoke, I find that at no point, when finalizing the notes comes here still sauerkraut

3. SteveW110 scored this whisky 38 points Expert Senior

That was now the third and first the last Hillock.

Has nothing to do with whisky!