- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- Refill Bourbon Barrel
- Number of bottles
- 48.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Bottled for
- 10th Anniversary of The Nectar
- Added on
- 10 Nov 2016 5:36 pm by JSW
30 × in wishlist
75 × member ratings
132 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 15-year-old
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.16 points
- Anyone interested in understanding why Springbank is riding the crest of the current whisky wave should seek out this bottle. It is as pure an expression of what the folks in Campbeltown are producing as any I have ever tasted. It's all there in beautiful proportion, the slightly medicinal peat smoke, the fruit, the oiliness and the saltiness. It's not the most expressive, nor the most complex Springbank you'll find, but its profile is a perfect reflection of what makes Springbank, Springbank. Thanks to the folks at The Nectar for a great selection.
Peach, peat, sweet lime, apple, vanilla, plum and a little caramel.
Mango, peat, plum, apple, vanilla and pepper. With water more vanilla.
Apricot, peat and apple.
- A sharp single cask from Springbank.
At the same time fruity and salty nose. Peaches, apricots and pears work their way forward. Lavender oil. Smoke? A little yes. Machine oil lurks in the background.
Salt floods the tongue. The fruits from the nose are found, mix with the salt. Coffee powder, toffee, leather, tobacco. Again lavender, mild herbs. Heather honey. Dry from the beginning.
Medium-long and dry finish, with a balance of fruit sweetness and mild pepper.
- Austere it was and very good.
Tasting note from september 2017.
Whiffs of peaches at first, quickly overrun by lemons, smoke and mineral notes (pencil shavings, wet stone). Austere. Yes. Springbank it is.
Dry, sharp. Lemons, apples, pepper, salt and mineral notes again.
Dry, earthy peat, a pinch of salt.
- Tasted at Spirits In The Sky 2017 8/13.
Liked this style: clean, mineral, fruity. Clearly a refill bourbon, the spirit has also sometime to say.
88-89, have to buy a bottle to make sure which score it would be :D