- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- Refill Bourbon Barrel
- Number of bottles
- 48.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Bottled for
- 10th Anniversary of The Nectar
- Added on
- 10 Nov 2016 5:33 pm by JSW
30 × in wishlist
100 × member ratings
146 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 15-year-old
20 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.74 points
- Anyone interested in understanding why Springbank is riding the crest of the current whisky wave should seek out this bottle. It is as pure an expression of what the folks in Campbeltown are producing as any I have ever tasted. It's all there in beautiful proportion, the slightly medicinal peat smoke, the fruit, the oiliness and the saltiness. It's not the most expressive, nor the most complex Springbank you'll find, but its profile is a perfect reflection of what makes Springbank, Springbank. Thanks to the folks at The Nectar for a great selection.
- A sharp single cask from Springbank.
At the same time fruity and salty nose. Peaches, apricots and pears work their way forward. Lavender oil. Smoke? A little yes. Machine oil lurks in the background.
Salt floods the tongue. The fruits from the nose are found, mix with the salt. Coffee powder, toffee, leather, tobacco. Again lavender, mild herbs. Heather honey. Dry from the beginning.
Medium-long and dry finish, with a balance of fruit sweetness and mild pepper.
Peach, peat, sweet lime, apple, vanilla, plum and a little caramel.
Mango, peat, plum, apple, vanilla and pepper. With water more vanilla.
Apricot, peat and apple.
- The dirty profile is something I like, and which is well made in my opinion. Apart from that I would not call this a great whisky, or a must have, as it is too bitter on the palate and finish (which is really an off note if you ask me).
Biscuit, a combination of various oils and fuels, antiseptic, brine, eucalyptus and pineapple.
Rather dry, a bit on grape seed (too bad). Gets dirtier in the mouth, with tarry rope, salt, oils and lubricants, earth, ground coffee. With water it's a bit better (less dryness), and the palate continues on tobacco and liquorice.
Rather long and ashy, tarry. Still the bitter grape seed note is present. Further: ginger, tobacco and a whiff of fruit.
Fruity with hints of caramel.
Fruitig, maar op de achtergrond meer minerale tonen en opbouwende hints van turf en rook.
Minerale tonen en turf/rook krijgen overhand. Echter gecombineerd met een minder leuke bittere toon die bij langer in de mond houden de overhand krijgt helaas. Finish kan lang zijn, maar de lange finish is door de bittere toon minder aangenaam.