- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- Refill Bourbon Barrel
- Number of bottles
- 48.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Bottled for
- 10th Anniversary of The Nectar
- Added on
- 10 Nov 2016 5:33 pm by JSW
32 × in wishlist
118 × member ratings
145 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 15-year-old
25 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.78 points
- Anyone interested in understanding why Springbank is riding the crest of the current whisky wave should seek out this bottle. It is as pure an expression of what the folks in Campbeltown are producing as any I have ever tasted. It's all there in beautiful proportion, the slightly medicinal peat smoke, the fruit, the oiliness and the saltiness. It's not the most expressive, nor the most complex Springbank you'll find, but its profile is a perfect reflection of what makes Springbank, Springbank. Thanks to the folks at The Nectar for a great selection.
- A sharp single cask from Springbank.
At the same time fruity and salty nose. Peaches, apricots and pears work their way forward. Lavender oil. Smoke? A little yes. Machine oil lurks in the background.
Salt floods the tongue. The fruits from the nose are found, mix with the salt. Coffee powder, toffee, leather, tobacco. Again lavender, mild herbs. Heather honey. Dry from the beginning.
Medium-long and dry finish, with a balance of fruit sweetness and mild pepper.
Peach, peat, sweet lime, apple, vanilla, plum and a little caramel.
Mango, peat, plum, apple, vanilla and pepper. With water more vanilla.
Apricot, peat and apple.
Mineral, oily, lemon and lime, sour apple, a little pineapple, vanilla, initially a rubbery note (balloons), which shifts to more herbal and earthy notes in due time.
Oily, sweet, sour and fruity. Lemonzest, bitter citrus, pineapple, sour apple, mild vanilla, hints of earthy peat and mild peppery wood spices.
Medium length: sweet lemonjuice, some pepper and slightly drying.
- Tasted at Spirits In The Sky 2017 8/13.
Liked this style: clean, mineral, fruity. Clearly a refill bourbon, the spirit has also something to say.
88-89, have to buy a bottle to make sure which score it would be :D
elegant, floral and fresh.. a hint of smoke on the rocks.. some roasted almonds.. creamy a la Clynelish.. burns a little
the 10 yo with more strength and more depth.. still recognizable as young.. one can feel the raw spirit barely hidden in oak and memories of bourbon-past.. austere, no-frills, very little fruit, almost naked.. proof again that everyone should try the Springbank spirit st least once in their lives!
more fruits come in the end.. fresh and fizzy citrus.. absolutely no bitter