- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 08 years old
- Moscatel de Setubal Wine Cask Finish
- Number of bottles
- 55.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 07 Jun 2009 4:39 pm
8 × in wishlist
58 × member ratings
127 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Arran Moscatel Finish
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.05 points
- The notes sound nice at first, but he is absolutely uncoordinated, without water much too pointed, with water he seems artificially citrusy-washed out.
Very own, polish, cocoa, baked flavors, linen bags, old wine
Very sweet and spicy, plus the alcohol strength, without water to overload and washed out, orange, nuts, grapes and eucalyptus
With water: nose similar, in the mouth round, perfumed orange, oak bitterness, anise, grapes, citrus to the end
Intense, grapes, orange peel and dusty oak remain long
- N- Grapefruit, very aromatic compote of fruits. Juicy with grapey note.Fresh and lemony.
P- Raisin, frizzy prune juice, spicy and mouth watering.
F- Very long. Elegantly spicy and broad. Warming ans hearty. Great mouth coating.
— at The Whisky Bar, Kuala Lumpur.
- Aroma: dried fruits, wood polish notes. Strong one, begs for water. Ripe fruits, cereals. With water honey and malt comes in.
Palate: sweet, spicy. Wood polish, eucalyptus and orange jam with spices. Bit too dry. Peanuts, licorice. With water becomes very sweet and it overwhelms other notes a lot - just a bit of honey and spices remain. Finish: dry, bit dull, with spices and peanut notes.
Comment: water makes it very sweet. Aroma is nice, body is bit weak and needs bit more of maturity.
- Here are the ghosts, sweet and bitter, woody notes with "old" wine, Sharp rather pleasant. hard to decide, i pur some water in, so it`s more drinkable but not really a clear character.
sweet grapes, bit of perfume, linen/cotton,
very strong but mellow sweetness with a bit of wood.
nice, but the sweetness trumps over a lot of Arran's profile. it still comes through but you nearly have to know it's there to taste it through