- Distillery Bottling
- 47.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 06 Nov 2016 3:39 pm by holborndrinker
5 × in wishlist
100 × member ratings
228 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Maker's 46 Red Wax
20 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.34 points
- Great bourbon. Very harmonious and tasty from the nose to the finish. The 47% fit and is perfectly sufficient. Compared to the Maker's Mark a significant increase. It can be seen that both come from the same house. However, the 46 is clearly more mature and more set in its aromas. You notice the plus 2% alcohol and do the malt good.
In terms of color, the 46 is already set better than its colleague Marker's Mark. The amber in the glass is visibly darker. And that continues in the flavors. Nothing can be seen here of the glue note so popular with bourbons. At first glance, it is rather unobtrusive, but not bland. On the contrary. Elegant. Orange juice and a little orange zest are added to the sweetness of the vanilla sugar. You could almost associate it with a creme brulee flambéed with orange liqueur. The alcohol is very well integrated, because nothing burns in the nose.
Wow. Great start. Not too brutal. But clearly noticeable. But also the sweet vanilla cream with orange peel, nice and spicy but not bitter. The alcohol is also well interwoven in the mouth. Water is absolutely not necessary - on the contrary.
Warm finish with spices and a great Amarena cherry (!), Which then slowly changes into a nice woody oak note. The finish is medium long.
- Not a huge fan of bourbon and this simply reinforces it. Cough mixture - I'd be tempted to give it to the kids next time they complain of being blocked up.
Sweet, sugar overload.
- I didn't like it so much.
Intense notes of glue and alcohol.
Is not worth the standard imho surcharge.
- Scent: caramel. Vanilla.
Flavor: soft cherry acid. Slightly spicy. Vanilla.
Aftertaste: medium. Cherry sweetness. I spiced.
- a good and complex bourbon, despite the 47% great to drink, has a lot to offer, about 40 € are fully ok, good price for a really high quality bourbon, buy recommendation!
subtle and reserved, relatively light, sweet and tasty, vanilla, caramel, has a very gentle effect,
you can smell directly that this is a "better" bourbon
strong but very pleasant start, lots of volume (very surprising), but does not burn, harmonious, sweet aroma, vanilla, maple syrup, oak, spicy at the end, some pepper
medium-long warm soft finish;
long woody aftertaste
- A great bourbon - available for € 34.00 at a good price - high wheat content and influence of European oak = great influences!
sweet (cotton candy), beautiful vanilla, spices, caramel and oak;
powerful, oily, spicy, licorice, liquorice, spices (pepper), European. Oak, some caramel, vanilla;
medium length, warming, woody, aftertaste spicy (European) oak;
- This was a sample from karloff. Maybe I should have opened my standard red seal for comparrison? Anyway, I found this to be a superb bourbon for the price.
Sweet, soft, with vanilla and iceing sugar.
Printing press ink.
Red apple? with a slight solvent touch to it.
Sweet arrival with a nice mouthfeel.
Not much oak on the nose, but here it arrives quite fast.
Some spice with a little sour cherry.
Sour fruit lingers towards medium, leaving a warm spicy mouthfeel to last the longest.