- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Fine Oak
- Number of bottles
- 42.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 20 Oct 2016 2:30 pm
19 × in wishlist
70 × member ratings
263 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Macallan Masters' Edition
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.44 points
- All in all a rather reserved dram. No mistakes but also no outstanding features.
Pleasantly set in the nose. Sweet but dark honey. Pronounced fruit note - for me the most likely mandarin. A bit of acidity that suggests oak and leather.
Light and elegant. Less fruity than the nose. Pleasant oak tones. A little chocolate, but the sour tones are back with leather. Light fur on the tongue.
Short and mild. The wood tones stay a bit in the throat.
- Jim Murray has awarded 91 points to the Macallan Master's Edition. "Adorable".
- One notices the younger barrels that Macallan has apparently selected, but this does not negatively affect the flavor, taste and finish of the whisky at any time. A great, summery and calm malt, the taste but surprised with the intensity of the pepper.
The first impression is gentle and mild. A beautiful fine oak note paired with exotic fruitiness like mango, peach and vanilla. In the end, sweetness remains, some hazelnut nougat with a subtle pepperiness. However, the whisky needed his 15 minutes, because in the beginning the pepper was too dominant. At a very distance, the impression of light smoke arises (as if from smoldering fruit wood).
The whisky comes gently into the mouth, but the pepper is now stronger and gives a strong impression. The sweetness persists in parallel. Again peach, tangerines and beautiful oak tones alternate. Light malty and honey complete the young, but not immature overall impression.
The finish is medium to long and remains dry on the palate. A little bit of bitterness that does not get unpleasant. The sweetness is indeed weaker, but does not want to disappear with a bit darker chocolate / cocoa.
- Tasting 1 Nose: Floral and fruity, aromas of manuka honey, vanilla, peach, cream and nutella. Peppery. Palate: malt and peach, nectarine, apple strudel, toffee, sponge cake and nutmeg. Finish: Dry and creamy with oak, vanilla and fruit. MasterOfMalt.com Tasting 2 Really wonderful in the nose. Delicate and floral with hints of citrus, vanilla, malt and a touch of coconut. Very fresh and crispy. Looks very young, which does not affect the taste notes. A touch of salt, beautifully balanced. Drying in the finish with vanilla and white chocolate, slightly bitter (but fortunately not too bitter). connosr.com (both from Whisky-Fox.com)
- "Introduced in 2010, this Macallan Masters Edition is bottled at the
slightly higher strength of 42.8%, and like the other Fine Oak
expressions is a mix of ex-sherry and ex-bourbon casks."