- Single Malt
- Slijterij Bams (SlB)
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Bourbon Cask
- Number of bottles
- 48.4 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Ruben L. Oppenheimer
- Bottled for
- 10e Editie van de Vroenhovense Whiskyfeesten
- Added on
- 20 Oct 2016 9:15 am by Maastricht
4 × in wishlist
26 × member ratings
41 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ballechin 2004 SlB
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.42 points
- It smells like burned wood in combination with an ashtray and forrest like an aroma from the Rituals. So, not bad :-)
The initial taste is completely different. Sweet melons and peaches with other sweet fruits and again that ashtray.
The body says: that smell and taste together, sweet marzepin and burned things.
The finish is an burned wood, peachy, sweet and oiled whisky, staying on your tongue.
Great whisky, when you love peateds.
- Very fine single cask ballechin for an equally nice price. From the nose to the finish a constructive character. soft sweet, yet firm peat. Vanilla, herbs (nutmeg / pepper), licorice are a few things that pass by.
and just like every year with the * bams bottling * a nice presentation of the bottle under the name * the eye also wants what *.
definitely a must to run to Maastricht.
- An excellent limited edition whisky in the range of bottlings of Slijterij Bams in Maastricht. Taste with smoke and peat, well balanced with the sweetness of fruit as well as hints of vanilla and some spicyness. Finish is long and pleasantly sweet.
- Color: Gold, Yellow Nose: Smoky with soft aromas of spicy vanilla, peat, earthy and pepper. Toffee, sweet peat smoke. Taste: Smoky and nutty notes, marzipan, hazelnut, olive oil. Freshly sweet with notes of fruit, honey. Finish: The aftertaste long and sweet, spicy with floral aromas, toasted and vanilla notes of the oak.