- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- First Edition
- Stated Age
- 20 years old
- American Oak Casks
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 09 Jul 2007 9:00 pm
17 × in wishlist
59 × member ratings
203 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bruichladdich 20-year-old
13 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.98 points
- [July, 2003] Together with friends I emptied a bottle that I bought for 79 Euro in October, 2002.
In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 90. My notes state it is a very delicate, balanced and quaffable dram.
- Enthusiasm 4/5 Whisky n ° 1332
Powerful and floury malt. Fruity (fresh apples cut at the moment). Attic with dusty wheat. Nice roundness.
Touch fluid. Fruity, sweet and spicy (nutmeg)
Rather tart, I expected something more round, but it's far from unpleasant.
- A old good Bruichladdich lovely.
Mellon balls in honey, lemon meringue,fresh apricot and kiwi. The oak fragrance unfolds beautifully.
Waves of sweet oak and barley sugar. Gentle warmth. Graceful balanced and vivacious. Complex.
Silky smooth finish with zesty sea notes. Long and delicious .
- I am always positively surprised, when I notice the price that this bottling still pays at auctions. 14 years after it was bottled it was sold for 94 € in the most recent Whiskyauction, although Laddies distilled in 1981 are usually much more expensive, specifically if Serge Valentin rated them 90 points (this rating was probably from a blind tasting for the Malt Maniac Awards, because he never published any tasting notes).
Magazine Issue #19: Editor's Choice (Dave Broom rated it with 9 of 10 points)
Field: Single Malt whisky of the Year 2002
Enthusiast: Superb 90-95 Highly RecommendedGrab one, if you can - a clear recommendation.
- It lacks the balance and balance I would expect at a 20 yo. In blind tasting I would probably never have estimated him 20 yo.
Vanilla, Melted Butter, Ralfy would say, "a hint of smoke," lots of oak, bitter almond, orang, and a little bit of what is commonly known as Laddich's Cowshed
Strong, oily, buttery, a pinch of pepper and then a long salty bitterness. Oak wood.
Long, warm, strong, spicy
- N: fruits - pine apple, peach and apricot, cream, floral, vanilla, citrus, hay and some leather
T: malty, some bitter fruits, hay, dusty, some wax, nutty and vanilla
F: bitter, medium with caramel, mandarins, marshmallows, milk chocolate and some soft spices
good nose, sample available on www.whiskysample.nl
- a good but rather simple whisky 85-86p.
sample available on: whiskysample.nl