- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask Release
- Bourbon Cask
- Number of bottles
- 56.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- The Nectar 10th Anniversary
- Added on
- 14 Oct 2016 12:47 pm by JSW
3 × in wishlist
35 × member ratings
54 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Kilchoman 2006
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.30 points
- Smoke, ash, graphite, coal, bandage, burned wood, overcooked peanuts, pepper, mint, marmalade. Quite soft!
- A very successful smoker! He almost comes into the area, which really inspires me in the long term. So he ends up at 86 points!
Intense smoke, but not so much in the direction of ash, but rather aromatic. something salty and sweet at the same time remind you of salted peanuts. The smoke is always in the foreground, a sweet can not quite prevail there. It also tingles in the nose, so it's again a cask strength. Water : Water loosens up the nose, so that the sweetness increases and cloves come to light.
Not cute at all. Strong in the first place. Smoky, salty-spicy, I would even call it dry. Smoked ham or steak, really smells like grilling! From peanuts no trace, but not a bit nutty or sweet enough. Water : In the mouth, then actually the sweetness comes out something, it remains the dirty dominant. Smoke, smoked bacon, some ashes.
Long and warming with smoke and here comes some ash, which is left over from all this.
Recognizable smoke Kilhomana. Feels sour of fermented grain, or dough. Silo pit. Barley. Smoked meat. Dust, benzene. Lemon sourish.
Sweet, warming. Smoke. Spray hay. Smoked meat. Scorched bread crust. Barley. Green apple. Mead. Imber.
Sweet smoke, honey, mint freshness.
- Traditionally quality kilch Kilhoman, light, slightly liquid, but very pushy and refreshing, nothing particularly remarkable, but the level is sustained.
Restrained, dry, first nose - raw wood, lacquer; peat, an old overgrown fireplace, stone dust, grindstone, lemon peel, vegetable notes.
Light, sharp, burnt branches, lemon peel, peat, ash, sweet candy notes, cream shades, vanilla.
Spicy, light, coal, peat, ginger, smoked products, lemon peel, eucalyptus, mint.