- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Micro-Provenance Series
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- Bourbon / Bordeaux Red Wine Casks
- Number of bottles
- 59.9 % Vol.
- 200 ml
- Bottle code
- L160115 16/182
- Added on
- 14 Oct 2016 12:30 pm by lrb85
3 × in wishlist
63 × member ratings
197 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Port Charlotte #LADDIEMP5 - 2005
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.87 points
- Cake, sweet fruits, fresh apples, lemonade, dust, coal dust, light peated smoke, salt, tropical fruits notes on nose.
Dust, dryness, apples, pepper, coal dust, strawberry, tropical fruits notes on palate.
Spices, apples, dust, dryness, caramel, oak cask and vanilla notes on long finish.
- A delicious hearty dram for cold days.
Hearty salty smoked ham. But also a sweet (pipe) tobacco note and a clear wood appeal
First creamy, then very strong. Salty, spicy. Hearty. Like a cozy log fire after an autumnal beach walk. Then more and more oak. Some leather. Very aromatic and delicious.
Rather long. Not too smoky. Warming rather spicy.
- + H2O: becomes rounder, fruits appear, the dram opens unspectacular, but delicious
F: dark gold N: the alcohol stings in the nose, no details
G: warm, very sweet, some smoke, bacon
A: very long, sweet, the smoke fades
- There is no exorbitant effect with the bordeaux barrel,
excellent consistency with the base distillate.
Sweet peat, vanilla, pepper and camphor
Rich. Sweet peat, ash, rubber.
Nice acids and tannins from the bordeaux red wine cask.
Long, dry with ash
- German article on event and this one: https://fosm.de/tasting-laddiemp5-port-charlotte-1999-0005-0013/