- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Travel Retail Exclusive
- Stated Age
- 08 years old
- Bourbon & Oloroso Sherry Casks
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 1000 ml
- Added on
- 14 Oct 2016 11:07 am by vb_bembel
one in wishlist
32 × member ratings
104 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Tomatin 08-year-old
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 78.37 points
- Tomintoul 10 yo <Tomintoul 8 yo
strawberries, raspberries, vanilla, toffee, hints of sherry, alcohol, milk chocolate, chocolate with fruit mousse, simple but very pleasant
sweet, red fruits, caramel, vanilla, oak hints, creamy, strawberries, pepper, spicy, rounded
bitter herbs, oak, hints of sweetness, malty, hints of smoke and peat, short but pleasant
- n: malt, fruit, vanilla, toffee, caramel, honey
t: malt, vanilla
a: oak, nuts, walnuts, spicy
- A primitive, unremarkable whisky, but "spirited". Given its cost, I will not quibble.
Simple, bready, with hints of caramel, fudge, Scottish fudge, with an almost imperceptible oak note.
Sweet, caramel, a little sharp, with a small citrus acidity and light tannins.
Short, with a bias in malt tones. Then sweet and slightly astringent oak.
- Not my whisky.
- Too sprightly, too young, too bitter and too unbalanced. The positive, the Brennereicharakter of Tomatin is here to recognize very well and I like that very much.